Anki 2.1.57 Beta

First of all, thank you for the new release candidate. I love that Anki just keeps getting better, and I’m always excited to try out new features. Right now I’m checking out version 2.1.57rc2, and I get an error when I try to go Full Screen with F11, even when all add-ons are disabled. The first window to pop up says “This action is currently not supported on your system”, then after hitting the OK button, I get more information about the error:
"Error
Anki 2.1.57 (6b7d372c) Python 3.9.15 Qt 6.4.2 PyQt 6.4.0
Platform: Windows-10-10.0.19045
Flags: frz=True ao=False sv=3
Add-ons, last update check: 2023-01-28 14:09:08

Caught exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “aqt.main”, line 1371, in on_toggle_full_screen
UnboundLocalError: local variable ‘window’ referenced before assignment"

I’ve only used Anki with the window maximized, but never full-screen, so this issue might be present in past builds as well.

Sync problem

תמונה

The problem only appears on my second user. and not in use in use.

I recommend that they be put into the existing User Interface group since they all modify the UI. There’s no need for yet another group when there are so few options being displayed.

2.1.57 has been released as stable today. If you encounter any problems with it, please let us know in a new thread. Not all of the issues raised here were able to be addressed for the release; we’ll continue to work through them in subsequent updates.

@noty that status code is not one AnkiWeb or Anki uses, so that’s a strange message to receive. Do you continue to get it when you sync again? Do you use a VPN/proxy? What do you mean by “not in use in use”?

1 Like
  1. In previous releases it works as it should (.56)

2. The problem only exists in one of my two users

3. I don’t use vpn/proxy

4. Reinstalling did not help in this case

⁨2.1.57 (6b7d372c)⁩
Python 3.9.15 Qt 6.4.2 PyQt 6.4.0

I’m not sure what the problem is there. I’ll wait to see if any other users report the same problem - if they do, perhaps a pattern can be found.

1 Like

First of all, thanks for the new release.
I used to use “<.br>” in the title of Decks when they are longer.

Example:

1. Direito Ambiental::02. Princípios::2.09 Função socioambiental
    da propriedade

However, in the 2.1.57 it’s not working anymore.

The use of HTML within deck names seems like bad practice and is unlikely to be supported by Anki in the future.

Surely we can solve your problem with long deck names another way.

6 Likes

I suppose this has to do with this issue, which is also referred to here by @dae.

Does this delay happens when opening the editor or browser with this note type?

Two problems:
There is no RTL in the import log window.

There is no check mark for disabled in most places in software such as QCheckBox.
It should look like this:
And the letters next to it should be gray

All three windows take approximately the same time to open.
Maybe the editor and the browser are a little bit slower.

Changing the notetype, while in the Add window, and loading cards in the browser (when the browser is already open) also take longer than they used to.

E.g.

• opening the editor from the reviewer takes about 3-5 seconds for a notetype with 25 fields, and 20 seconds for a notetype with 92 fields.
  • Add window: switching to a notetype with 92 fields takes anywhere from 7 to 20 seconds (faster if switching from a notetype with a similar number of fields).
  • Browser: if I search “note:SketchyMicro rated:4”, I get 8 results (my version of SketchyMicro has 92 fields). The loading of the first card is the slowest, about 20 seconds or more. If I then click on the other search results, each takes about 2-5 seconds to load. Much faster for notetypes with <50 fields.

This is also due to the fact that I am on a not very powerful machine. But I really hope feature releases will bring some performance improvement. Getting back to ~ 2.1.54 levels would be great.

1 Like

20 seconds? Wow… :open_mouth:
The response time on my machine with a 86-field note type is not as long, but it still makes frequent editing quite unusable.

For the moment, a possible yet cumbersome workaround is to let the editor and browser windows stay open, so adding/editing/browsing the same note type multiple times doesn’t require waiting each time.

1 Like

“Edit card” window takes 3~4 seconds to show up after I upgraded from 2.1.49 to 2.1.57 QT6

It was instant. Now it takes 3~4 seconds to show up.

I’m always editing cards. This bothers me enough that I might downgrade back to 2.1.49. Also when I hit F11 there is a message

why do I downgrade 80% of the time when I update anki lol

https://docs.ankiweb.net/platform/windows/display-issues.html#full-screen

Thanks. Fullscreen works. But now instead of taking ~4s to load the “Edit card” screen, it’s crashing :rofl:

Working nicely here. Did you try deactivating add ons?

It seems to depend on how many fields you have: the more fields, the longer it takes.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.