Anki 2.1.45 Beta

Sure, I mean the menu where your deck structure is displayed and from where you can click on “Browse”, “Add” etc. Where you also do your reviews.

Does it happen when add-ons are disabled? What actions trigger it?

I am a bit reluctant to add reviewing in creation order to the standard review process. It’s already possible via filtered decks, and I fear adding it as a standard deck option will encourage the creation of cards that depend on a certain order to be reviewed

Quick poll - do people prefer the before or after here? Move deck options revert button to right; hide when inactive by dae · Pull Request #1248 · ankitects/anki · GitHub

Henrik and I have been going back and forth on this for a while, and could use some external input :slight_smile: When tapping on the gear, an option to revert the current setting is shown.

After.

After looks better with the button only shown when necessary - although it still looks a bit off next to the switches in my opinion :sweat_smile:

1 Like

After. Looks cleaner.

after, but with the current symbol (undo) instead of the gear
the gear is more for multiple settings like the “deck options”, but to represent “revert back to default settings” is kinda strange

@NameLessGO The Gear will open a context menu, which will contain an option to revert.

1. This makes reverting a two-step process, so it’s harder to trigger it by accident.
  2. It was impossible to show the tooltip of what the arrow icon did on mobile.

(the arrow is slowly rotating)

1 Like

After: I think a menu gear before the label looks atypical from what we are used to.

Is reset the only option that is offered when clicking the gear? If so, I would recommend just using the reset symbol without the gear menu. The possibility to either confirm or undo would be needed.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Cloze deleting HTML/SVG

Thanks for the feedback all, I’ll make some tweaks and a new beta shouldn’t be too far off.

Beta 2 is now available:

https://betas.ankiweb.net/anki2.1.45.html

Hopefully not far off a stable release now - please report any issues you run into.

Getting this ImportError when I try to run beta 2 on Linux:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "runanki.py", line 3, in <module>
  File "/home/dae/venv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/PyInstaller-4.0.dev0+g2886519-py3.8.egg/PyInstaller/loader/pyimod03_importers.py", line 625, in exec_module
  File "aqt/__init__.py", line 20, in <module>
  File "/home/dae/venv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/PyInstaller-4.0.dev0+g2886519-py3.8.egg/PyInstaller/loader/pyimod03_importers.py", line 625, in exec_module
  File "aqt/qt.py", line 13, in <module>
ImportError: libpcre.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[18489] Failed to execute script runanki

Beta 1 worked fine.

I’ve put that file in the beta download area - if you put it into the bin/ folder of the untarred package, does that resolve the issue?

(likely a regression caused by In RedHat Entreprise Linux 8.4 and derivatives, Anki does not work (bug report) - #5 by papin-aziat)

Anki starts with libpcre.so.3 inserted, but there are some funky visual issues going on.

Screenshots

Smaller UI font size

Serif font

Good foresight! :smiley:

If you instead remove that file and also the bundled libglib-2.0 file from bin/, does that resolve the issues?

Yes, that resolved the issue.

Thanks for confirming, let’s call that a failed experiment. :slight_smile: I’ve re-uploaded the Linux build without the libglib file, so people downloading beta 2 from now shouldn’t need to take any extra steps.

1 Like

Does it happen when add-ons are disabled? What actions trigger it?

It happened a few times when I recorded a video on custom decks, so I was going back and forth between reviews and the deck options screen a lot. I had quite a few addons enabled but didn’t encounter this issue before. Maybe it was the screen recorder that I used? (Wondershare DemoCreator)

I am a bit reluctant to add reviewing in creation order to the standard review process. It’s already possible via filtered decks, and I fear adding it as a standard deck option will encourage the creation of cards that depend on a certain order to be reviewed

I understand. I agree that there is a small risk of encouraging this behavior. I don’t think it’s very big, though, as this setting would only apply when all related cards are due at the same time anyway. This setting does not influence when cards are due, so it should be fine. I also think that since this is not the default setting, not too many people will be affected by it anyway. Lastly I would like to make the point that compared to this rather small risk there is a clear and huge benefit for everybody who studies hierarchical knowledge like law and medicine. It would increase review speed and experience quite a bit in situations where many related cards are due at the same time since you don’t have to jump back and forth on the same topic. :+1:

Bug or feature?

Expanding/Collapsing sidebar items causes an auto-scroll to the active item. This does not happen with 2.1.44:

Kooha-2021-06-24-11_04_14

@Rumo could this be related to PR #1044?

Happened with the first beta too (and alphas I believe). Only spotted it recently…

1 Like