Anki 2.1.36 Beta

Hi all,

A new beta is available. Please see the following page for changes and download links:

https://betas.ankiweb.net/#/

1 Like

@dae I can’t see the scrollbar over the cards in the browser (I can see it over the editor for a single cards, but not for the area with multiple cards)

I’m also getting a \ in the search bar before any “_” in tags that I click on. I don’t know if that was intended or not, so just an FYI. Everything functions normally

This is intended to turn off special handling of “_“ since it signifies any single character in search.

See Merge pull request #769 from abdnh/escape-sidebar-terms · ankitects/anki@49ebb19 · GitHub

Thanks, will fix.

@dae in the latest beta the sizes of buttons in my add-ons has changed. Is this a permanent change? I’ll attach pictures below. In each, the buttons height is 22px, but the size is different now (note the top right and the buttons at the bottom). This hasn’t happened on any previous anki update. I can fix it in the add-ons if this was intentional.

anki 2.1.36

previous versions

It’s probably a side-effect of reworking the css files - I didn’t set out to change the button height. Would you be able to use the Chrome inspector to see which properties are different on the buttons? I’m guessing it’s a padding or margin change, as I don’t think we were setting an explicit height.

Hi all,

Beta 2 is now available. Please let us know if you run into any issues.

Everything is working well except this update broke BetterTags. I have been trying to contact @glutanimate for months without any luck so I anticipate this will affect a lot of people with no fix.

Here is the error in case its a simple fix:

Debug info:
Anki 2.1.36 (e0550b60) Python 3.8.6 Qt 5.14.2 PyQt 5.14.2
Platform: Mac 10.16
Flags: frz=True ao=True sv=2
Add-ons, last update check: 2020-11-14 08:17:24
Add-ons possibly involved: ⁨BetterTags, Advanced Browser, zkingofstudytimers⁩

Caught exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “aqt/webview.py”, line 36, in cmd
File “aqt/webview.py”, line 122, in _onCmd
File “aqt/webview.py”, line 567, in _onBridgeCmd
File “”, line 2, in _linkHandler
File “anki/hooks.py”, line 89, in decorator_wrapper
File “anki/hooks.py”, line 86, in repl
File “/Users/Nick/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/zkingofstudytimers/init.py”, line 607, in myLinkHandler
return _old(self, url)
File “aqt/toolbar.py”, line 171, in _linkHandler
File “aqt/toolbar.py”, line 189, in _browseLinkHandler
File “aqt/main.py”, line 1067, in onBrowse
File “”, line 2, in open
File “anki/hooks.py”, line 80, in repl
File “aqt/init.py”, line 100, in open
File “/Users/Nick/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/874215009/advancedbrowser/core.py”, line 206, in init
origInit(self, mw)
File “”, line 2, in init
File “”, line 2, in init
File “aqt/browser.py”, line 600, in init
File “”, line 2, in setupSidebar
File “”, line 2, in setupSidebar
File “anki/hooks.py”, line 81, in repl
File “/Users/Nick/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/bettertags/sidebar/init.py”, line 43, in onSetupSidebar
browser.sidebarTree._deferredInit()
AttributeError: ‘NewSidebarTreeView’ object has no attribute ‘_deferredInit’

1 Like

This is likely due to the new sidebar code.

Does holding down shift while opening the browser help?

1 Like

No the error still occurs with holding shift

@AnKingMed just saw the notification. My apologies for not being as responsive lately. It’s been difficult to keep up with things.

Will look into the compatibility issue and ping you when an updated test build is ready.

Edit: Hotfix is ready (thanks for the link to the PR @abdo). Testing the build internally at the moment and working on targeting 2.1.36’s stable release as the release date.

3 Likes

@glutanimate you’re alive! Good to hear :slight_smile: Sounds like a good plan. Every now and then an update was introduced that can easily be reversed in the source code so I figured I’d share here in case you were too busy to mess with it

Another issue I’ve found. This error doesn’t happen if all add-ons or off, but it appears if too many add-ons are turned on when I’m in the “add card” dialog that affect this dialog, I cannot use ctrl+v without getting this error

Anki 2.1.36 (e0550b60) Python 3.8.6 Qt 5.14.2 PyQt 5.14.2
Platform: Mac 10.16
Flags: frz=True ao=True sv=1
Add-ons, last update check: 2020-11-14 08:17:24

Caught exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "aqt/webview.py", line 36, in cmd
  File "aqt/webview.py", line 122, in _onCmd
  File "aqt/webview.py", line 567, in _onBridgeCmd
  File "aqt/editor.py", line 424, in onBridgeCmd
  File "aqt/editor.py", line 941, in onPaste
  File "aqt/editor.py", line 1055, in onPaste
  File "aqt/editor.py", line 1049, in _onPaste
  File "<decorator-gen-24>", line 2, in _processMime
  File "anki/hooks.py", line 89, in decorator_wrapper
  File "anki/hooks.py", line 86, in repl
TypeError: _processMime_around() got multiple values for argument '_old'
1 Like

https://github.com/ankitects/anki/search?q=_processMime_around seems to return zero matches.

I’d suggest to either list your add-ons using Help > About > Copy Debug Info or just do a quick search for _processMime_around in the addons21 folder, e.g. with Sublime Text and Find > Find in Files (Ctrl+Shift+F).

On second thoughts, after searching on GitHub with https://github.com/search?q=_processMime_around&type=code, it seems to be related to ImageResizer.

It looks like _processMime signature in aqt/editor.py changed last month.

-    def _processMime(self, mime: QMimeData) -> Tuple[str, bool]:
+    def _processMime(self, mime: QMimeData, extended: bool = False) -> Tuple[str, bool]:
3 Likes

You’re absolutely right. I’ll share this on the add-on GitHub for an update. Thanks for looking into that. Looks like that add-on hasn’t been updated in a while so if someone else can suggest a PR I’m sure everyone would appreciate that.

Voilà.

3 Likes

Beta 3 is now available.

@dae with the beta2 and beta3 on MacOS Big Sur, the browser seems to have issues when I’m going through cards. I am using the up and down arrows to go through cards and occasionally it will take quite a while for a card to load and will appear as if it’s the previous card. The tags load for the card currently selected, but the fields are slow. I’ve tested this without any add-ons and its very replicateable. I’m happy to record a video if that would help.

Also, the css files are now in a different location with beta2 and beta3 (at least on mac). Is this a permanent change moving forward?

So you’re not able to reproduce the problem with beta 1 on Big Sur?

Re the file locations, I was trying to tidy things up a bit as part of the move to the new build system, so the new locations are likely to stay - sorry if this has caused problems. :frowning:

@dae I didn’t ever notice the issue on Beta1.

No worries on the files. I’ll update my addons!