An alternative to Memrise2Anki [support thread]

Is there a way to get it to download the personal study data for each of the courses?

Downloading this data shouldn’t be a problem if the default Memrise json format is sufficient for your needs. What is your intended use case?

oh so i can just download the data from my memrise profile and just plug it into anki somehow?

The problem is that there is no way to just plug this data into Anki without writing a whole new tool for it first. At least, I am not aware of one.
If you do have a way of using the progress data, you can share what format you need it to be downloaded in, so that I can make the appropriate adjustments.

Hello
I would like to request an update on the instructions for the updated version of anki as it is quite different.

I can’t find any tutorials or instructions on what field mapping is and how to set up audio and images.
Thank you
Emma

This is marvellous, thank you so much. I have started downloading my private memrise courses. Is there a way of getting hold of the alternative meanings to words? For instance, I set up ‘der Laden’ as ‘shop, store’, but also included an alternative answer ‘das Geschäft’. And there can be more than one alternative. Perhaps there is a setting, but I have tweaked a couple of them without success.

Thanks for this tool! I’ve just gotten around to working with it, and it seems to be glitching for me on the download of audio files. This course, for instance:

[can’t include links] the “remembering-the-katakana-in-3-hours” course by nukemarine

It downloads 252 .mp3 files, but most of these are blank/silent or have audio pops or just a fraction of the actual audio. (playback in VLC) The original audio as played on Memrise is fine.

I’ll test later on a different machine / different installation of Chrome and see if it’s any better - maybe just me if no one else is running into this?

looks like a “me” problem. specifically, VLC is glitching out on the playback of these short audio files, and randomly/inconsistently so - one file will play fine, then later the same file is unintelligible.

I installed KMPlayer and it’s playing them all perfectly.

1 Like