1month long cram course

I am about to begin a course that will only last one month. Feb 1 - Final exam on Feb 28. All the information I will be learning is new to me and the entire course grade is based on the final exam. I just want to make sure that my settings are properly set to take advantage of Anki.

My concern is that if I graduate a card in the first week It wont be scheduled to repeat until after my course is over. I would like some input on setting up a more aggressive review frequency to make sure I see cards multiple times before I am tested on them.

Any suggestions?
Cheers.

In that special case, I would just set enough learning steps to cover the whole month, so you basically take full control over when and how often you see cards. Anki’s ease-based scheduling is made for long-term studying and wouldn’t help you much in this case.

2 Likes

Can you please explain what you mean by “set enough learning steps to cover the whole month”? I’m new to Anki and this sounds like it makes sense to me but I’m not sure if you are referring to a specific setting or just how I create the cards. From YouTube videos I think I should be reducing Maximum Interval to maybe 7 or 10 days?

Refer to the Anki Manual to learn how learning steps work.
Oversimplified, as long as a card hasn’t graduated (i.e., passed all learning steps), all the other settings are inconsequential because Anki will use the exact intervals defined by the steps setting.
So if you set the steps to 10 min, 30 min, 1 day, 3 days, 9 days, 27 days [1], no card will graduate within 28 days and will be shown after these exact intervals. This assumes you don’t use the Easy button which will skip all remaining learning steps! Pressing Again is fine, of course, it just means the card returns to step 1.

[1] The actual setting would have to look like 10 30 1440 4320 12960 38880.

3 Likes

1 Like

Course starts Monday.
No more questions at the moment.
Thanks.