Video player window size problem (mpv player)

I am making my own deck where i want to incorporate video files (short clip) in the deck, i added the clip (.mp4) using "the paperclip icon " button .
In the answer card the clip plays perfectly , the only problem is that the window size of the ‘mvp player’ is too large (it covers my whole screen) . i wish that player window would be little smaller .

i dont know how to fix it, i dont know anything about coading (while looking for the solution i came across ‘HTML & CSS’ but i dont know anything about it or how to edit those.
i am using -
Windows 10,
Anki Version ⁨2.1.49 (dc80804a)⁩,
ALso, i dont have any Add on’s installed .

Try creating a file named mpv.conf in Anki’s data folder and paste the following in it:

geometry=50%x50+50%+50%

This should adjust the window height and width to be half the screen dimensions and will place the window in the middle.

Reference: mpv.io

i dont know how to create a .conf file , i assumed its done through NOtepad , so i did it using notepad and named “mpv.conf” and kept its file format as
" All files" .
where to paste the location of file is another problem , i encounter two anki folders 1) C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming
2)C:\Program Files\Anki
but in the 2) is where i found "mvp application " file,
i tried pasting it in both the location but nothing changed.

The first path is the correct one (C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Anki2).
I made an error in my example that probably prevented it from working.

Try this instead to make the window width half the screen width:

geometry=50%
3 Likes

It worked ,thanx man :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :+1: . i still want to tweak a little bit of its appearance but this will work fine for now. again thanx for your help :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :+1: