Typing after failing a card

I remember Memrise having the following function: after typing in the wrong answer, it would show u the correct answer as usually and then let u type the answer again. I was wondering how i could achieve that on Anki across all of my decks as well.

I’ve looked over the forum and encountered some similar posts abt it. However, i am not interested in highlighting my card while typing and grading it while still solving them. Also, since i am not that skilled with the whole scripting deal yet, i dont even know what to do with the found scripts.

Any help? :slight_smile:

This is not a standard feature of the program. Usually, this kind of thing is done via add-ons.
Take a look at this add-on.

https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/940071295

OOOOOO thats exactly what i’ve been looking for!

Thank u so much :slight_smile:

The author recently added a brief description for all the add-ons in an Excel file. That’s actually how I found this add-on; I had tried it out some time ago.

I don’t entirely agree that you should repeat the card immediately—though that applies only to simple cards that take between 2 and 10 seconds to answer. I simply configure the “Again” button for a 10-second interval, so the card comes up again after just one other card.

i understand. I need it mostly for definitions/translations to ensure i get the spelling exactly right since its not my forte - esp in languages with a different alphabet.

I am not a proponent of necessarily using the standard Anki check:

{{Front}}

{{type:Back}}

It seems it still doesn’t work in the web version.
That’s why I use a custom card design.
But since you don’t know how to do that, it would be hard to say what needs to be changed in your case.

Some people want strict checks, while others consider it a minor error if someone types ‘u’ instead of ‘ü’.
In this add-on, I’ve made it possible to type a space to trigger suggestions.

https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/1599302255

With some other deck designs, I have to enter everything precisely.
Explore Anki, and look into various add-ons and methods. Eventually, you’ll figure out what works best for you and put it into practice. You might even end up modifying the code yourself—something that’s now within reach for many people thanks to AI.