Syncing Image (SVG) to AnkiWeb With Special Character In Name Breaks Image on Web

Please forgive if this has already been submitted…searched through posts and couldn’t find an exact match.

I have a deck which contains cards that have images (SVGs) associated with them. The deck successfully synced to Anki web but when I attempt view some of the SVG images Anki web shows them as a ‘broken image icon’ / 404.

It looks like this only happens on images that have “special characters” in their titles, like “4-D#.svg”. On the desktop version of the app the image is titled: "

When I view the card on AnkiWeb it looks like the image title is updated to replace “%23” with “#” so that it becomes:
…/study/media/4-D#.svg

As there isn’t an image file with this name the image 404’s.

When I edit the image title in the URL to match the image title from the desktop version the image successfully loads:
…/study/media/4-D%23.svg

I’m using Anki Mac (Intel) Version ⁨2.1.65 (aa9a734f)⁩. When I perform Check Media on the deck on the desktop app I see:
Missing files: ⁨0⁩
Unused files: ⁨0⁩

I’ve made a note in the todo list, but it may take some time to get to I’m afraid.

No problem! Just wanted to report it. Appreciate all you do here!

For a workaround I’ll just rename the files to exclude the “%23” bit.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.