Spikes getting out of control

I thought spikes were supposed to be a thing of the past with the newest version of Anki, but things have only got worse as none of the add-ons that used to control spikes now work. Can anyone shed any light on the problem?

If you use the right settings, do your a reviews when you have to, and use quality cards, you shouldn’t have any problems, no addon really needed.

What settings are you using?

Are you doing your reviews everyday?

3 Likes

Use every day. There are no settings for spikes. Which settings are you referring to?

Your deck options settings.

1 Like

There are no deck options for controlling spikes.

If you’re introducing the same number of new cards each day, I would not expect large spikes to form. If you wish to smooth things out, setting your daily review limit to a little above your average daily amount will reduce peak workload.

5 Likes

They do form. Hence my question.

If you let us know what settings are you using, and elaborate with more detail your problem, probably someone here can help you
Otherwise it’s really hard to guess what your problem might be.

https://faqs.ankiweb.net/

6 Likes

cqg: from your previous comments, I’m not sure you understand what a spike is. As I have said before, there are no settings, so pls stop banging on about them and let someone who knows about these things answer. Thank you.

Your tone is pretty inappropriate, considering you’re asking for help in a forum which consists of volunteers.

I’m sure @cqg knows exactly what you mean and he already did everything we can do for you with the information you have provided. If you don’t want to share your deck options, you shouldn’t expect any further pointers here.

6 Likes

My tone is perfectly appropriate given cpq’s responses. I have asked him which deck options he is referring to. He has given no response. I am perfectly willing to share options, but he needs to tell me what they are. I can only conclude he does not know himself.

Instead of looking for a magical “No Spikes” button and insulting people who are just trying to help you, I would highly recommend reading the manual, something that you obviously have never done.

Maybe after a couple a lot of hours, you’ll begin to understand the basics of how Anki actually works, and why knowing your deck options is important to try to help you.

Maybe. :roll_eyes:

Anyway…bye :wave:

3 Likes

Let me see, cqg. Pass 1: You tell me I have no problems (when I do). Pass 2: you tell me to check my options (not telling me which ones). Pass 3: you ask me about my option agains, after I have asked you which ones you need. Pass 4: you offer patronising advice about reading a manual (which I have: no info on spikes) and state I do not know the basics (I have been using Anki every day for 8 years: there are no deck options for spikes). Your answers are not a help, but a hindrance, as they waste my time. Enjoy trying to answer everyone’s questions to get points or whatever it is you’re up to, but do not post to this question any more unless you have something concrete and useful to say.

Let me see, cqg. Pass 1: You tell me I have no problems (when I do). Pass 2: you tell me to check my options (not telling me which ones). Pass 3: you ask me about my option agains, after I have asked you which ones you need. Pass 4: you offer patronising advice about reading a manual (which I have: no info on spikes) and state I do not know the basics (I have been using Anki every day for 8 years: there are no deck options for spikes). Your answers are not a help, but a hindrance, as they waste my time. Enjoy trying to answer everyone’s questions to get points or whatever it is you’re up to, but do not post to this question any more unless you have something concrete and useful to say.

Hard to say why you have flagged this as ‘abusive’ (censorship?), so I am posting again to let a moderator make the call.

It was flagged by a different community member, not cqg. I have restored your post, and suggest to anyone who finds your tone abrasive to just refrain from replying further.

2 Likes