Sluggish transition to congratulations screen

Hi,

Since upgrading from 2.1.35 to 2.1.38 on macOS 10.15.5, I’ve found the transition to the new congratulations screen after finishing reviews to be very sluggish.
It seems that some other transitions are quite sluggish as well, and the screen flashes white between them.

Obviously this is pretty minor, but it did annoy me enough to switch back to 2.1.35 so I thought I might as well raise it.

Please let me know if you’d like me to try any further investigations.

Kind regards

It can be made faster in the future, but some other architectural changes need to happen first, so it will need to stay like that for a while I’m afraid.

1 Like

Since a couple of versions (last 3-6 months, don’t remember exactly), after finishing the deck the summary screen display is delayed. What’s more, if I hit any shortcut when it’s not yet displayed/rendered then the UI gets stuck on it’s blank screen (only with top items like Decks, Add, Browse, Stats, Sync; but clicking them doesn’t change anything)

Moved to the previous topic

The blank screen is probably Investigate page-loading race conditions · Issue #1137 · ankitects/anki · GitHub

1 Like