Reverso plugin - Official Support Thread

Hi,

I have uploaded a plugin that connects to the free service Reverso, downloads the history or the favorites and imports them in a deck.

I use this on a daily base and I mean to keep it constantly updated with the changes on Reverso site. Please let me know if you encounter any problems and I will promptly fix them.

sandro

1 Like

hi,
thank you so much for this addon , however i found this error , can you fix it please

Debug info:
Anki 2.1.33 (3f403040) Python 3.8.0 Qt 5.14.1 PyQt 5.14.1
Platform: Windows 10
Flags: frz=True ao=True sv=1
Add-ons, last update check: 2020-09-06 00:35:46

Caught exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\thiag\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\2060267742\gui.py”, line 366, in download_words
self.reverso_import.client.import_data(words, deck_name=self.deckField.currentText())
File “C:\Users\thiag\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\2060267742\client.py”, line 192, in import_data
self.get_model()
File “C:\Users\thiag\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\2060267742\client.py”, line 150, in get_model
return model.create_model()
File “C:\Users\thiag\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\2060267742\reverso_model.py”, line 143, in create_model
self.model[‘tags’].append(self.NAME)
KeyError: ‘tags’

1 Like

Hi, thanks for taking the time to report this. I’ll check why this code misbehaves on Windows and will report back as soon as possible.

EDIT: it doesn’t depend on Windows. Newer versions of Anki have different behaviour. I’ll update the code as soon as I’ll work out what needs to be done.

sandro

I just up uploaded rel 1.6 that should fix this problem. @abpablo19dm can you please confirm it’s working for you?

i got this crash :frowning: ,your addon looks amazing i use reverso a lot too
Debug info:
Anki 2.1.34 (8af8f565) Python 3.8.0 Qt 5.15.1 PyQt 5.15.1
Flags: frz=True ao=True sv=1
Add-ons, last update check: 2020-09-28 17:58:13

Caught exception:
File “C:\Users\Johiny\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\2060267742\gui.py”, line 366, in download_words
self.reverso_import.client.import_data(words, deck_name=self.deckField.currentText())
File “C:\Users\Johiny\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\2060267742\client.py”, line 195, in import_data
self.import_notes()
File “C:\Users\Johiny\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\2060267742\client.py”, line 185, in import_notes
os.unlink(self.TMP_FILE.name)
PermissionError: [WinError 32] El proceso no tiene acceso al archivo porque está siendo utilizado por otro proceso: 'C:\Users\Johiny\AppData\Local\Temp\reverso_ws69en8i.csv

Hi johiny, can you confirm me that you see all cards even if you get the error? It seems the only problem is that the temporary file is not deleted. This is jus to understand which is the correct fix…

sandro

no, I don’t see any card imported, my deck is equal than before

Ok, I solved it and release 1.7 is working on windows too (I tested it on Windows7 as I don’t have access to Windows10, but I’m confident it will work).

I hope you’ll enjoy my add-on and in case you can upvote it! :wink:

it works perfectly thx! :slight_smile:

Hi, Thank you for a great add on! I have two questions

1. Is It possible to import the example sentence to Anki as html? as I use the “a /a” in the html line to highlight the target word [before the add-on I used to parse the Reverso website saving in the example sentences as html - having the “a /a” tags - along with the words, export to csv, import in Anki and enable the html mark, and then later edit the .a in the css to make it bold and change its color for reviewing, it worked beautifully for my language learning … and I was wondering if the add-on can have this feature.

2. Is it possible to also import the other sentence - when I use reverse context to look up a word and add it to favorites, 2 sentences are added: one in the target language, and the other in English for example.

I tired tinkering around in the add-on files, but I wasn’t able to locate exactly where changes might be made.

Overall, thank you for great add on.

Hello, I faced with a problem that Reverso addon does not import more than one card if the first word/phrase the same.

For example, I have multiple different sentences with the same phrase.

but after importing I have only one last card and no others.

My setting for addon

Hello, thanks for this great idea to import from reverso, it will save me huge amount of time doing it manually through text export in reverso.

However, it is not working for me neither, the deck stays empty… I am on mac M1, I don’t know if that does anything…

I can’t wait to hear from you, i’d loooove such a possibility as direct import

onestly I didnt’ think to this case and I don’t have this (I use the plugin daily). I’ll take the time to investigate if it’s something I can do in a simple way. Not a promise to hurry up, sorry…

Sandro
*:slight_smile:

I need some more info. Please go and browse the cards to see if it imported the cards but on a different deck (I know that happens sometime) or if really it doesn’t import cards.

Does the import popup show up? Does it hang forever or it just pretend everything was fine but you don’t see the cards.

If you browse the cards, do You see the type “Reverso”?

sandro

Ok you are amazing, thank you so much!

It did go to another deck, named ‘Reverso’ by me so maybe I should change the name. Everything else worked fine appart of the deck staying empty.

So I guess I just manually transfer cards to the right deck every time.

Nevertheless, I just imported 410 words just with one click :slight_smile:
Thank you sooooo very much for that, I’m often working with texts with difficult foreign vocabulary, reverso is amazingly fast in translating, and now i can even do vocab study.

So cool :slight_smile:

Sorry for the long delay @aabdelsameia . Really I didn’t realize until last week you wrote…

I never made any attempt to do this.

If you were using this already, it should be possible. What I do is create a CSV file and import it. The problem is that I strip any possible html to get the pure text part. I don’t really understand why don’t you add colors already from Anki, when the card is created (I do exactly this)

Hi Sandro! When you get some time, can you help me solve this problem?

Error
An error occurred. Please start Anki while holding down the shift key, which will temporarily disable the add-ons you have installed.
If the issue only occurs when add-ons are enabled, please use the Tools > Add-ons menu item to disable some add-ons and restart Anki, repeating until you discover the add-on that is causing the problem.
When you’ve discovered the add-on that is causing the problem, please report the issue on the add-on support site.
Debug info:
Anki 2.1.47 (dc156f34) Python 3.8.6 Qt 5.14.2 PyQt 5.14.2
Flags: frz=True ao=True sv=3
Add-ons, last update check: 2021-09-24 14:21:04

Caught exception:
File “C:\Users\63696\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\2060267742\gui.py”, line 366, in download_words
File “C:\Users\63696\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\2060267742\client.py”, line 189, in import_data
self.get_model()
File “C:\Users\63696\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\2060267742\client.py”, line 145, in get_model
model = self.model_class()
File “C:\Users\63696\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\2060267742\reverso_model.py”, line 139, in init
self.modify_template(last_installed_version)
File “C:\Users\63696\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\2060267742\reverso_model.py”, line 157, in modify_template
self.model[‘tmpls’][1][‘qfmt’] = TEMPLATES[‘reversed’][‘qfmt’]
IndexError: list index out of range

Hi, Sandro.
I’m getting error. Can you help me?

Debug info:
Anki 2.1.15 (442df9d6) Python 3.8.10 Qt 5.12.8 PyQt 5.14.1
Platform: Linux
Flags: frz=False ao=True sv=2
Add-ons possibly involved: Reverso importer

Caught exception:
  File "/home/user/.local/share/Anki2/addons21/2060267742/gui.py", line 366, in download_words
  File "/home/user/.local/share/Anki2/addons21/2060267742/client.py", line 189, in import_data
    self.get_model()
  File "/home/user/.local/share/Anki2/addons21/2060267742/client.py", line 148, in get_model
    return model.create_model()
  File "/home/user/.local/share/Anki2/addons21/2060267742/reverso_model.py", line 169, in create_model
    self.create_templates()
  File "/home/user/.local/share/Anki2/addons21/2060267742/reverso_model.py", line 179, in create_templates
    mw.col.models.addTemplate(self.model, template)
  File "/usr/share/anki/anki/models.py", line 359, in addTemplate
    self.save(m)
  File "/usr/share/anki/anki/models.py", line 90, in save
    self._updateRequired(m)
  File "/usr/share/anki/anki/models.py", line 499, in _updateRequired
    ret = self._reqForTemplate(m, flds, t)
  File "/usr/share/anki/anki/models.py", line 510, in _reqForTemplate
    full = self.col._renderQA(data)['q']
  File "/usr/share/anki/anki/collection.py", line 562, in _renderQA
    for (name, (idx, conf)) in list(self.models.fieldMap(model).items()):
  File "/usr/share/anki/anki/models.py", line 240, in fieldMap
    return dict((f['name'], (f['ord'], f)) for f in m['flds'])
<class 'TypeError'>: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable

Hello, thanks for the great plug in, it works, only a small thing that it doesn’t seem to go to the folder I select for it but default instead, but I can live with that.

What I wanted to ask is there I way I can change the format of the created card? I’d like it to be a cloze on the word that I looked up. I’m new to anki, so not sure if I need to adjust the code or another plugin or another way to do it.

thanks,
Richard

bonus would be adding the voice api also!