[Problem] Anki stopped working on Clear Linux OS (console log attached)

Hi, I was using Anki Qt6 (23.10.1) with Clear Linux OS (40390). It worked without problems, but now I face the following issue:

Anki starting...
Initial setup...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "aqt", line 52, in <module>
  File "aqt.gui_hooks", line 11, in <module>
  File "_aqt.hooks", line 18, in <module>
  File "aqt.qt", line 20, in <module>
  File "aqt.qt.qt6", line 17, in <module>
ImportError: /usr/local/share/anki/lib/PyQt6/Qt6/lib/libQt6Quick.so.6: undefined symbol: _ZTVNSt3pmr25monotonic_buffer_resourceE, version Qt_6

Older versions of Anki did work fine too, but I don’t know what happened now. Any help is appreaciated!

Your distro appears to have similar problems in the past: gcc and libgfortran-avx are out of sync · Issue #1799 · clearlinux/distribution · GitHub

I did report this to them, but their answer was something like Anki is using it’s own Qt6 library?

the weird part is that this qt6 library doesn’t come from the OS… even
though we do have a version of it…

Anki bundles Qt. Since there have been no reports of this symbol missing on other distros, odds are that your distro is doing something different.

Understood, it’s a distro issue then. I will talk to the maintainers to see how this can be fixed, and use the flatpak version meanwhile, since that works without problems. Thank you for clarifying the situation!

I’m posting an update, after getting another answer from the maintainers of Clear Linux, they noticed I had a bundle mussing in my install, Anki was failing because I was missing the “qt6-basic” bundle.
So, for anyone using Clear Linux and Anki, just write in terminal/console:

sudo swupd bundle-add qt6-basic 

And Anki should start working again without the need of using flatpak.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.