Numbering List are not properly aligned

Hey guys, I have been facing this issue where when I make my card and use the Numbering Button to list the points in the order it works seamlessly but as soon as I preview or review it gets cluttered and distorted for some reason

Please help as it has exasperated me to my core

Image for reference

The first thing I would check is if some of the HTML tags needed to make the list are inside the cloze markers, and some are outside. If those aren’t balanced, this seems like what would happen.

Can you post the underlying HTML text for this field (in a code/preformatted-block, please)? Click the <> above the field to see that.

sure,

(in a code/preformatted-block, please)

I can’t help you edit the text in a screenshot.

```
You can put 3 backticks above and below the text.
```

Or use this feature:

<div><br></div><div><div><b>Salient Features</b></div><div><ol><li><b><span style="color: rgb(0, 85, 255);">Background</span></b>{{c1::AIF was launched as part of the Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan (Self-Reliant India Campaign) announced by the Centre in May 2020. }}</li><li><div style="display: inline !important;"><b><span style="color: rgb(0, 85, 255);">Financial assistance</span></b></div>{{c1:: <ol><li>Provision of Rs. 1 Lakh Crore by banks and financial institutions as loans with interest subvention of 3% per annum and</li><li>credits guarantee coverage under Credit Guarantee Fund Trust for Micro and Small Enterprises (CGTMSE) for loans up to Rs. 2 Crores. }}</li></ol></li><li><b><span style="color: rgb(0, 85, 255);">Eligible community assets project</span></b>{{c1:: <ol><li>Projects identified for providing supply chain infrastructure for clusters of crops including export&nbsp;</div></li><li><div style="display: inline !important;">Projects promoted by Central/State/Local Governments or their agencies under PPP.</div><li><div style="display: inline !important;">Organic inputs production; Bio stimulant production units; Infrastructure for smart and precision agriculture.&nbsp;</div> }}</li></ol></li><li><b><span style="color: rgb(0, 85, 255);">Management and monitoring</span></b>{{c1::<ol><li><div style="display: inline !important;">Through an online Management Information System (MIS) platform.</div></li><li><div style="display: inline !important;">National, State and District level Monitoring Committees will ensure real-time monitoring and effective feedback.&nbsp;</div> }}</li></ol></li><li><b><span style="color: rgb(0, 85, 255);">BHARAT campaign</span></b>: {{c1::Banks Heralding Accelerated Rural &amp; Agriculture Transformation (BHARAT) campaign was launched Provide maximum benefits to the peopleCreate a competitive spirit among the Banks and lending institutions to mobilize agriculture infrastructure projects loan at a faster pace. }}</li></ol><div style="display: inline !important;">&nbsp;</div></div>

1 Like

Take a look at this guide so you understand the basics of what the “ordered list” <ol> </ol> and “list item” <li> </li> tags need to do. They nest inside each other, and it’s important that they can see their partners.

When you copy a list into Anki like this and it’s such a mess, you can start by just giving yourself a little order. As you click through tag-by-tag in the HTML view, you can see how things match up. You can hit enter where you like to get them separated – Anki will take care of indenting them to match, and it will also point out (its hot pink in dark theme, I don’t know about light theme) any tags that are mismatched.

For instance here – I clicked the <ol> tag at the top and Anki highlighted its closing partner </ol> tag at the bottom. You can see that both that and the <li> tag are inside the cloze, but that both of their closing partner tags are outside the cloze. That throws off everything after that.

You fix it by moving moving those closing tags inside too, like this--
{{c1:: <ol>
	<li>Provision of Rs. 1 Lakh Crore by banks and financial institutions as loans with interest subvention of 3% per annum and</li>
	<li>credits guarantee coverage under Credit Guarantee Fund Trust for Micro and Small Enterprises (CGTMSE) for loans up to Rs. 2 Crores. </li>
	</ol>}}

[The issue in #4 Management and monitoring is pretty much the same, so I’ll let you look through that one yourself.]

In #3, I think there seemed to be unnecessary closing tags that were terminating the list in the middle (and maybe a few too many tags?), so I’m surprised it displays correctly in the editor. This would be a good one for you to practice fixing –

but this is what worked in the end --
    <li><b><span style="color: rgb(0, 85, 255);">Eligible community assets project</span></b>
      {{c1:: 
      <ol>
        <li>Projects identified for providing supply chain infrastructure for clusters of crops including export&nbsp;</li>
        <li><div style="display: inline !important;">Projects promoted by Central/State/Local Governments or their agencies under PPP.</div></li>
        <li><div style="display: inline !important;">Organic inputs production; Bio stimulant production units; Infrastructure for smart and precision agriculture.&nbsp;</div> </li>  
      </ol>
      }}
    </li>

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.