No [...] button on AnkiWeb to create cloze cards

Hi all,

I can see the option Cloze on AnkiWeb but there is no […] button to create the hidden question, does anyone know how to make it appear?

many thanks

You have to use the special Cloze note type, or a note type that is cloned from it.

Adding/Editing - Anki Manual (ankiweb.net)

1 Like

Ah so you mean I have to type the tags {{c1:: }}, {{c2:: }} , {{c3:: }} … manually? Is there a way to keep track of all the c1,c2,… or is it really just manually from start to finish? Sorry I’m just a beginner…

Ah, you are trying to create cloze cards on the website itself instead of in the program installed on your computer? Sorry, I’ve never tried that, I don’t know.

1 Like

yes that’s right, I try to create cloze cards on ankiweb…

I’m not sure if it will work. The website has very limited functionality compared to the installed software program. Maybe someone else knows.

2 Likes

Thanks for having tried to help! maybe someone knows indeed?

A few years ago, I created and posted a bookmarklet to enclose selected text in a cloze tag on AnkiWeb’s editing page. I just now tested it on AnkiWeb and it still seems to work properly, so give it a try.

2 Likes

thank you, this will be most useful! :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.