Next card not showing properly

Hello,

When I click space, it shows me the answer. When I click space to advance to the next card, about 10% of the time there is an issue where the screen flickers like it’s advancing to the next card, but nothing changes. However, when I click space again, I have answered “good” on the next card while my screen is showing me the previous card. Basically, the screen is not updating to the next card like it should, but anki thinks I am looking at the next card.

This is not restricted to one deck, it happens on others, including ones I have imported that are made by others.
This issue does not happen when I go through the decks using ankiweb or ankidroid. It’s smooth as butter on there.
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but nothing changed. Maybe I need to do a clean install? Please advise. I am using Windows 10, newest version of Anki (2.1.44).

Thanks,
Shyam

1 Like

I’ve always had the same problem with Anki for Windows:

I’ve never found a solution; I just got used to it, but yes, it’s a little bit annoying.

EDIT: Maybe it’s a non sense, but I’ve been using Enter instead of the Space bar for some minutes and the problem didn’t appear. I don’t have time to do a proper test today, but maybe you can try it and see if it works for you, that could be a clue for a possible fix

I just tried it using enter and even the number keys instead of space but the problem persists…

Yes, same here.

I’m surprised neither the ANGLE nor software driver helped; the video driver is usually the culprit.

If seems this is a fairly common issue:

There are other similar posts in Reddit.