Need Help to create English Vocab Card🧠

Hi guys, I’m new to anki and wants to harness its benifits to learn English language, I have been researching for a some time and come up with this Note and card type to learn vocabulary efficiently and need help to get it materialize, I don’t no coding, and please don’t hesitate to give your suggestions.

So this is what I have come up with Note type, consisting these fields -

Word
POS ( part of speech )
Pronunciation
Definition
Extra (For extra information like other forms)
Example (sentence)
Playphrase

I’m thinking to have 3 card types from it -

CARD 1

FRONT = word + POS + Pronunciation + Example or Playphrase

BACK = FrontSide + Definition + Extra

CARD 2

FRONT = POS + Definition + Example

BACK = FrontSide + word + Pronunciation + Extra

CARD 3 (Type In answer for spelling)

FRONT = POS + Pronunciation + ( (Definition + Example) as a hint )

BACK = Words + FrontSide + Extra

FEATURES I NEED

Card 1 - word text should be highlighted where present.

Card 2 - word text should be hidden in definition and example on front.

Card 3 - word text should be hidden in definition and example on front when I opened as hint. Also looking for feature that can show me my previously answered text

1 Like

I don’t have stuff like pronunciation or POS. I never even thought of adding them because you clearly don’t need such information. My notes also create just 1 card. Here’s my deck if you are in need of some inspiration (I copied it, it’s not my note template actually): https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/907128911

Hi, thank for replying but I need to learn pronunciation and spelling also, I am learning English for academic purpose.

do you know how can i have type in answers history log on my card ? so that i know what mistake i made with spelling last time.

this is the note and card type i have created i just modified 4000 Essential English Words (2nd Edition) note type, now all i want to know is that how can i have type in answer history log on my card so that i know what mistake i am making with spellings, and how can i have 2 of card type transfer to different deck automatically.

@sorata @Shigeyuki
CARD 1

FRONT
Capture

BACK
Capture

CARD 2

FRONT
Capture

BACK
Capture

CARD 3

FRONT
Capture

BACK
Capture

CARD 4

FRONT
Capture

BACK
Capture

I don’t think you can have logs like that although there maybe a add-on for that in which case I do not know.

As for search, see how to search for specific card types. Also, I suggest you read the Anki Manual. You wouldn’t have problem with search if you completly digest it (emphasis on if).