My "Basic" cards no longer appear as before

I decided to create other card style options, but after that all cards are created and displayed the same. My cards that I already had before using the “Cloze” template now no longer show me the answer on the back of the card. I would like to view the cards created by previously in the basic model of “front for question and back for answer” - see an example of front and back on the print screen

I’m not sure I fully understand what the issue you ran into is. Maybe you could provide a bit more information? For example, which fields you have in your note type and what your front and back template look like.

Here’s what my cloze note type looks like:

• Fields:
    • Text
    • Back Extra
    • Sources
  • Front template:
    <p>{{cloze:Text}}</p>

<p></p>

• Back template:
    <p>{{cloze:Text}}</p>

{{#Back Extra}}
    <hr>
    <p>{{Back Extra}}</p>
    {{/Back Extra}}
    {{#Sources}}<div id="source">Source: {{Sources}}</div>{{/Sources}}

And just in case you haven’t already seen it, here is also the link to the respective section of the manual: Card Templates - Anki Manual

1 Like

If this started after you made changes, you might want to consider restoring from an automatic backup: Restoring an Automatic Backup (Recovering from Data Loss) - Frequently Asked Questions

1 Like

Hello,
I will use this information for when it happens again, as I have restored an older backup to get everything back to how it was before.
Thank you for your help!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.