Linux Display shows nothing

Hi when I open up anki there is nothing shown. Only the top menu. The decks and card options are missing.

in the terminal it gives a message:

“”"
Anki starting…
Initial setup…
Preparing to run…
Starting main loop…
mpv not found, reverting to mplayer
Qt warning: QXcbConnection: XCB error: 3 (BadWindow), sequence: 2978, resource id: 21956697, major code: 40 (TranslateCoords), minor code: 0
“”"

Any Idea what is causing the error?

1 Like

For Anki v2.1.50+, there’s two versions of the program (Qt5 and Qt6). On Linux, Qt6 version fixes that issue:

If you want the v2.1.49 or older, you should edit these lines on the .desktop file of Anki to look something like this:

TryExec=anki --no-sandbox
Exec=anki --no-sandbox %f

thanks for the answer. I can´t get it to work with qt6. with qt5 at least the buttons work in the upper taskbar but with qt6 the programm seems to crash already on startup. I can´t click or do anything.

Okay This worked for me:

Hardware acceleration defaults to on. If you experience blank screens or display issues, you can try enabling software rendering using the terminal:

echo software > ~/.local/share/Anki2/gldriver6

If you wish to switch back to the default, change software to auto, or remove that file.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.