Linux Anki produces error when trying to export Database

Here is the trace of the error :
Error
An error occurred. Please use Tools > Check Database to see if that fixes the problem.
If problems persist, please report the problem on our support site. Please copy and paste the information below into your report.
Anki 2.1.35 (4e12c7ef) Python 3.8.2 Qt 5.12.2 PyQt 5.12.1
Platform: Linux
Flags: frz=False ao=False sv=1
Add-ons, last update check: 2020-10-09 22:26:30

Caught exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/snap/anki-woodrow/27/lib/python3.8/site-packages/aqt/taskman.py”, line 87, in _on_closures_pending
closure()
File “/snap/anki-woodrow/27/lib/python3.8/site-packages/aqt/taskman.py”, line 59, in
lambda future: self.run_on_main(lambda: on_done(future))
File “/snap/anki-woodrow/27/lib/python3.8/site-packages/aqt/exporting.py”, line 167, in on_done
future.result()
File “/usr/lib/python3.8/concurrent/futures/_base.py”, line 432, in result
return self.__get_result()
File “/usr/lib/python3.8/concurrent/futures/_base.py”, line 388, in __get_result
raise self._exception
File “/usr/lib/python3.8/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 57, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/snap/anki-woodrow/27/lib/python3.8/site-packages/aqt/exporting.py”, line 161, in do_export
self.exporter.exportInto(file)
File “/snap/anki-woodrow/27/lib/python3.8/site-packages/anki/exporting.py”, line 325, in exportInto
media = self.doExport(z, path)
File “/snap/anki-woodrow/27/lib/python3.8/site-packages/anki/exporting.py”, line 333, in doExport
AnkiExporter.exportInto(self, colfile)
File “/snap/anki-woodrow/27/lib/python3.8/site-packages/anki/exporting.py”, line 192, in exportInto
self.dst = Collection(path)
File “/snap/anki-woodrow/27/lib/python3.8/site-packages/anki/collection.py”, line 55, in init
self.reopen()
File “/snap/anki-woodrow/27/lib/python3.8/site-packages/anki/collection.py”, line 267, in reopen
self.backend.open_collection(
File “/snap/anki-woodrow/27/lib/python3.8/site-packages/anki/rsbackend_gen.py”, line 468, in open_collection
output.ParseFromString(self._run_command(63, input))
File “/snap/anki-woodrow/27/lib/python3.8/site-packages/anki/rsbackend.py”, line 267, in _run_command
raise proto_exception_to_native(err)
anki.rsbackend.DBError: Anki already open, or media currently syncing.

Can you reproduce it with the version from the Anki website?

Thank you very much!
I did exactly that, and also took the precaution of installing the previous version, and everything works fine again.

Hello,
I have currently the same problem, but before trying to fix it like you did, could you please tell me, if you had access to your (unsaved) decks after you fixed it or did you have to create the deck again?

Hi,

you do need some form of backup: reinstalling WILL erase all your decks. But the ankiweb sync made the recuperation of decks quite effortless for me. I only keep a local backup as a safeguard.

Thank you very much for this information. I think, I will fix it after I don’t need my current deck anymore