Corrupt database?

Hey there,

Since the latest update on my Windows version of Anki, my database seems to be corrupt. In the Windows version, the error message is shown every single time and I can’t access anything, AnkiMobile is working without any problems and I can learn my cards with the Linux version.

But anytime I try to access the Deck settings, the following error message is shown:

"Fehler
Ein Fehler ist aufgetreten. Bitte benutzen Sie Extras > Datenbank überprüfen, um das Problem evtl. zu lösen.
Sollte das Problem fortbestehen, wenden Sie sich bitte mit Ihrem Problem an unsere Support-Seite. Bitte fügen Sie in diesem Fall die folgenden Informationen in den Problembericht ein.
Anki 2.1.15 (442df9d6) Python 3.10.12 Qt 5.15.3 PyQt 5.15.6
Platform: Linux
Flags: frz=False ao=False sv=2

Caught exception:
File “/usr/share/anki/aqt/deckconf.py”, line 89, in onConfChange
self.loadConf()
File “/usr/share/anki/aqt/deckconf.py”, line 175, in loadConf
f.lrnFactor.setValue(c[‘initialFactor’]/10.0)
<class ‘TypeError’>: setValue(self, int): argument 1 has unexpected type ‘float’
Caught exception:
File “/usr/share/anki/aqt/deckbrowser.py”, line 213, in
a.triggered.connect(lambda b, did=did: self._options(did))
File “/usr/share/anki/aqt/deckbrowser.py”, line 242, in _options
self.mw.onDeckConf()
File “/usr/share/anki/aqt/main.py”, line 869, in onDeckConf
aqt.deckconf.DeckConf(self, deck)
File “/usr/share/anki/aqt/deckconf.py”, line 25, in init
self.setupConfs()
File “/usr/share/anki/aqt/deckconf.py”, line 49, in setupConfs
self.loadConfs()
File “/usr/share/anki/aqt/deckconf.py”, line 66, in loadConfs
self.onConfChange(startOn)
File “/usr/share/anki/aqt/deckconf.py”, line 89, in onConfChange
self.loadConf()
File “/usr/share/anki/aqt/deckconf.py”, line 175, in loadConf
f.lrnFactor.setValue(c[‘initialFactor’]/10.0)
<class ‘TypeError’>: setValue(self, int): argument 1 has unexpected type ‘float’"

Some decks seem to use “0” as maximum cards to be viewed on 1 day (which isn’t what I set).

I tried to check the database using said option in the menu, but it doesn’t change anything.

How can I solve this issue? I’m pretty lost!
Thanks for helping out.

Other than the Database check, have you tried the other things on the Troubleshooting checklist? Troubleshooting - Anki Manual

Whenever I hear “since the last update” – I always assume it’s going to be an add-on causing the issue.

If I’m reading the error correctly though – is this from version 2.1.15 on Linux, and not from 23.12.x on Windows?

Thanks for that quick response. Yes, I’ve tried all those steps, sorry for not mentioning it.

I don’t use any add-ons (at least I think so).

Yes, that’s correct. This error appears in my Linux version, but it all started with the last update of the Windows app. I can send you this error message too, if needed.

Oh, that makes sense then – I’m not surprised that 2.1.15 and 23.12.x aren’t playing very well together in the same database. You should update 2.1.15.

1 Like

This error is not an Anki compatibility issue, it’s caused by your distro. Linux Distro Packages - Anki Manual

1 Like

Thank you so much! I uninstalled Anki from my Ubuntu and re-installed the newest version from the official Anki website. Before, I used the version from the “Ubuntu Software”. Now, I’ve got the Wayland issue, but that’s absolutely no problem.

It works well, now! Haven’t yet checked on Windows, but at least on Linux here everything works out fine. Thank you so much!

It sounds like 2.1.49 is the newer version? What version were you using before that? Was it 2.1.15 on Linux (and that’s why you posted in this thread instead of starting your own)?

Have you tried the other solutions mentioned above? Have you tried restarting with add-ons disabled? And any of the other suggestions in the Troubleshooting checklist? Troubleshooting - Anki Manual

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.