Like Anki, have AnkiDroid jump to the word in the browser when opening the browser from the review page

In Anki:
Click on the browse button during the review. It jumps to and highlights the word being reviewed, along with the words above and below it.

In AnkiDroid:
Click on the browse button during the review. It just opens the browser to the top of the list. AnkiDroid should behave like Anki.

Every single suggestion made on this forum gets slapped down, so I am curious how this one will too.

Allowing people to map this to a gesture would be nice IMO.

And it is good that it is rejected. otherwise, anki quickly acquired unnecessary functionality, which would make it difficult for it to use and difficult to maintain in working order.

It should be understood that not everything that is in anki will be implemented in ankidroid. At least in the near future. But the offer is good.

AnkiDroid is intended to be used in conjunction with Anki on your computer. While it is possible to function without it, some tasks are either only possible with, or a lot more efficient with Anki Desktop.
https://ankidroid.org/

How does this make anything difficult to use?

He isn’t saying it is. Your suggestions will be considered but the filtering process basically means a lot of the things will be rejected as they don’t add something of much value for most people. IMO what you said should be added as a functionality to be used with gestures but it’s the AnkiDroid devs who will decide that.

4 Likes

how can i do it on anki desktop ?
highlight the word then click browse button on the top ?
not working

1 Like

It’s generally not ideal to ask an unrelated question on an old thread. But I think you misunderstand what this post is about.

The only thing about Anki Desktop involved here is that while you are studying, if you open the Browse window, it will display the card you are currently studying, (as long as you haven’t change the Preferences in a way that prevents that). Highlighting a word makes no difference.

Leave them alone

Is this directed at me? I asked the user to follow the rules of the Forums and then answered their question. What quibble could you possibly have with any of that? Just that I’m the one who said it, I suppose?

1 Like

There is nothing wrong with them asking. Old is relative, especially since these posts end up on Google years later

I don’t care too much about the rules, but it seems you do. You break at least one a day

You never answered how this makes anything more difficult to use

How does the additional functionality of the application complicate its use? An explanation would be superfluous, common sense is enough.

1 Like

do you talk to people like that at work

but i get it, since you cant answer the question.

may as well just remove all functionality all together, right. its complicated, right

A lot of functionality complicates Anki, true. But this post is not that according to me. But I wonder what’s the use case for this. Do we really need it?

nah i agree with keks. we should remove the functionality from anki because its complicated

Don’t write your ideas on my behalf.

1 Like

it just complicates its use. unless that is what you want