Language Keyboard Auto-switch [Official Support Thread]

If you have a problem with the add-on language keyboard auto-switch post in this thread. This way I get notified. If you make a new thread I will likely miss it.

1 Like

Hi, thanks for your work with this addon.

Unfortunately I cannot get it to work after installing on version 2.1.54 on Windows 10. The following error message occurs upon startup:

An add-on you installed failed to load. If problems persist, please go to the Tools>Add-ons menu, and disable or delete the add-on.

When loading ‘⁨Language Keyboard Auto-switch⁩’:
⁨Traceback (most recent call last):
File “aqt.addons”, line 244, in loadAddons
File “C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1606509029_init_.py”, line 29, in
from .QSwitchControl import SwitchControl#.QSwitchControl
File “C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1606509029\QSwitchControl_init_.py”, line 22, in
from .QSwitchControl import SwitchControl
File “C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1606509029\QSwitchControl\QSwitchControl.py”, line 89, in
class SwitchControl(QCheckBox):
File “C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\1606509029\QSwitchControl\QSwitchControl.py”, line 91, in SwitchControl
animation_curve=QEasingCurve.OutBounce, animation_duration=500, checked: bool = False,
AttributeError: type object ‘QEasingCurve’ has no attribute ‘OutBounce’

(I changed nothing after installing the add-on using the code). Thanks for your assistance.

Hi, sorry about that. Are you using Anki qt 5 or 6?

1 Like

It turns out I was using Qt6. Switching to Qt5 did resolve the error.

Ok. Thanks for letting me know. I’ll add a note on the extension page.