Importing externally created schedule from a text file

If you decide to go with SQL, I did it the following way, as far as I remember…

I extracted my “collection.anki2” file from Anki, opened it in DB Browser for SQLite and executed my SQL script in there. After that I put the modified collection.anki2 back into Anki.

Thanks Andr, I am working to follow your lead in Sqlite within the DB Browser, but first need to brush up on my SQL skills a bit. Unfortunately, Guillem seems to have removed his posted video (above), which seems to have been helpful from your comments.

Like you, I have thousands of cards currently in the application Flashcards Deluxe, which is fantastic SRS application in my 10-year experience using it. Now, I am interested to really try Anki and therefore the need to migrate cards including dates and intervals.

Thanks again for your help!

Have imported you all your cards into Anki along with your external schedule in custom fields (importedDueDate, importedInterval), as I did?

Do you have the same set of fields(columns) for all your cards or there are several types of cards with different sets of fields?

If you sent me your collection.anki2 file, I would modify my script to apply it to your cards.

In fact my script might even work without modifications, but I am not sure

Hi. In fact I deleted the account due to unactivity, so I guess none of the 7 videos I uploaded are online. I just re-upload it with another account. https://youtu.be/pPQ9X_kmrm8

1 Like