Image occlusion unsure

I have the latest version of Anki and downloaded image occlusion from Anki web and it keeps saying error, it is my only add on and I’ve done everything on the checklist,
Error
An error occurred. Please start Anki while holding down the shift key, which will temporarily disable the add-ons you have installed.
If the issue only occurs when add-ons are enabled, please use the Tools>Add-ons menu item to disable some add-ons and restart Anki, repeat until you discover the add-on that is causing the problem.
When you’ve discovered the add-on that is causing the problem, please report the issue on the add-ons section of our support site.
Debug info:
Anki 2.1.54 (b6a7760c) Python 3.9.7 Qt 6.3.1 PyQt 6.3.1
Platform: Mac 12.3.1
Flags: frz=True ao=True sv=2
Add-ons, last update check: 2022-10-09 17:36:17
Add-ons possibly involved: ⁨Image Occlusion Enhanced⁩

Caught exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “aqt.progress”, line 118, in handler
File “aqt.theme”, line 175, in apply_style_if_system_style_changed
File “aqt.theme”, line 186, in apply_style
File “aqt.hooks_gen”, line 4149, in call
File “aqt.webview”, line 718, in on_theme_did_change
File “aqt.webview”, line 556, in eval
File “aqt.webview”, line 559, in evalWithCallback
File “aqt.webview”, line 576, in _queueAction
File “/Users/khushiprakash/Library/Application Support/Anki2/addons21/1374772155/editor.py”, line 107, in _maybeRunActions
self._evalWithCallback(*args)
File “aqt.webview”, line 572, in _evalWithCallback
RuntimeError: wrapped C/C++ object of type ImgOccWebView has been deleted

Hey kdog, thanks for the report! This looks like the theme switching issue here: System theme changes can trigger RunTimeError · Issue #251 · glutanimate/image-occlusion-enhanced · GitHub

Basically, when the macOS theme switches between day/night mode, this can cause the add-on to produce this error message. The next update for Image Occlusion Enhanced will fix the underlying problem. Until then, feel free to just click the error message away, it won’t affect your Anki in any way.

Hope that helps for now!

2 Likes

thank you so much !!!

Hi there, I have encountered the same issue. I have tried clicking the error message away, however, it doesn’t add my cards into my deck.