I'm having a problem running Anki from Source Code

I’ve followed the steps on the github page for windows, but I’m receiving an error when running the run.bat file on powershell.

ERROR: no such package '@py_deps//': Not a regular file: C:/bazel/anki/kblvdzeh/external/python/python

I have unninstalled Python, reinstalled in the C:\ folder, added to path and restarted my computer. Nothing seems to work. Does anyone know how to fix this?

This is the complete error log:

INFO: Repository py_deps instantiated at:
  C:/users/samsung/desktop/anki-main/WORKSPACE:14:11: in <toplevel>
  C:/users/samsung/desktop/anki-main/defs.bzl:36:15: in setup_deps
Repository rule pip_import defined at:
  C:/bazel/anki/kblvdzeh/external/com_github_ali5h_rules_pip/defs.bzl:59:29: in <toplevel>
ERROR: An error occurred during the fetch of repository 'py_deps':
   Traceback (most recent call last):
        File "C:/bazel/anki/kblvdzeh/external/com_github_ali5h_rules_pip/defs.bzl", line 16, column 49, in _pip_import_impl
                python_interpreter = repository_ctx.path(repository_ctx.attr.python_runtime)
Error in path: Not a regular file: C:/bazel/anki/kblvdzeh/external/python/python
ERROR: Error fetching repository: Traceback (most recent call last):
        File "C:/bazel/anki/kblvdzeh/external/com_github_ali5h_rules_pip/defs.bzl", line 16, column 49, in _pip_import_impl
                python_interpreter = repository_ctx.path(repository_ctx.attr.python_runtime)
Error in path: Not a regular file: C:/bazel/anki/kblvdzeh/external/python/python
ERROR: no such package '@py_deps//': Not a regular file: C:/bazel/anki/kblvdzeh/external/python/python
INFO: Elapsed time: 0.179s
INFO: 0 processes.
FAILED: Build did NOT complete successfully (0 packages loaded)
FAILED: Build did NOT complete successfully (0 packages loaded)

After following the instructions at anki/windows.md at main · ankitects/anki · GitHub, I ran into this exact problem.

What is the exact error you receive on a fresh checkout of the current main branch? Did you enable developer mode?

After review, it appears that the problem was caused by my antivirus program.