How to make an add-on to snooze a card

I want to make an add-on to snooze a card for 1 hour. I want it to act identically to burying a card, but for 1 hour instead of 1 day.

I am brand new to developing add-ons in anki, though I do have python experience. Please let me know if you can help direct me towards how this might be done!

You could add a hook to mw.col.sched.get_queued_cards to filter out the cards you want to sleep? I believe that will also change the due counts in the deck browser but I’d have to check.

Would you be able to please elaborate on this further? I am brand new to developing add-ons in anki.

Have you looked at the add-on docs? They are a good place to start. Basically hooks are functions that are run in certain places in Anki’s code, and add-ons can register functions to run at a particular hook. You could add a hook (through a pull request) to run when Anki asks the database to fetch cards in the queue, and filter out the cards you want to sleep so they are no longer returned by that function. That’s one way to do it anyway.

I think it would be simpler to bury them normally and record the ids when you do so, then unbury them after enough time has elapsed.