How can one utilize JavaScript to obtain or record the question type displayed on a card and the history log of answers?

When memorizing Japanese vocabulary, it is essential for me to verify if I have remembered the kanji, pronunciation, and meaning of each word. In Anki mobile, I would like to use JavaScript to determine the type of question displayed (kanji, pronunciation, or meaning) based on my previous response. For example, if the previous question displayed the kanji and my response was “simple,” then the next time I review the card, the question will display the meaning of the word.

To achieve this, I would like to know how I can store and retrieve the information about my previous responses in order to synchronize it across multiple devices.

Alternatively, I am wondering if Anki Mobile might offer an API that would allow me to use JavaScript to extract the historical responses for each flashcard.

I’m afraid it’s not possible to access the review history from JavaScript. I’ll take this as a feature request, and move it to the suggestions section.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.