FSRS 5 Support for AnkiDroid

When are the AnkiDroid developers introduce FSRS 5 support? Yes, I know it is in alpha stage…

Well first the question should be: When is FSRS 5 coming out :question: @Expertium

I think since the developers have made AnkiDroid a lot more like the Desktop version, AnkiDroid wont be too far behind.

1 Like

We’re working on the Load Balancer (well, more like Smart Fuzz) and Easy Days. But that will probably take a week or two (from today) at most, it’s mostly done. After that idk, it’s up to Dae.
In general, if your question is “When will X be released/made/added/changed/reworked?”, the answer is “When Dae wants to”.
Also, desktop Anki will probably support FSRS-5 before AnkiDroid, that’s how it’s been with FSRS v4 and FSRS-4.5. AnkiDroid may be a few weeks or a few months behind.

3 Likes

Did this get actually added (the short term scheduler) :question:

That’s ts-fsrs, a package for devs who want to use FSRS in their apps. It doesn’t mean that this change will affect Anki in any way.

1 Like

There’s custom scheduling Chris.

AFAIK we can technically have that before Anki Desktop, so I don’t know.

To disable short-term schedule in Anki, you can just leave the (re)learning steps field empty in the preset.

2 Likes

So what should be typed in if you want to enable it to work automatically :question:

I see that FSRS v5 scheduler is already out in its alpha stage, only that it is not integrated into Anki yet.

If you want to enable it, use the default learning steps.

1 Like

I wouldn’t call it “disabling short-term scheduling”. Again and Hard still use some default value, presumably 1m. Ideally, FSRS should be handling all intervals of for buttons.

Have you remove the relearning steps? I get these intervals:

I did. What’s your version of Anki?

Oh. I get it. These intervals are from a review card. But it doesn’t work for new card.

It’s weird. Is it intended? @dae

According to the manual, we can control the number of steps.

If there already was a way to completely disable learning steps, I wouldn’t be yelling “DAE, PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, REMOVE LEARNING STEPS!!!” every 5 minutes.

1 Like

When is the next release coming btw

I guess I can find out a way to completely disable it. Let me try.

Unironically

2 Likes

That’s true but “No step = 1m step”. Otherwise, what delay will Again show? And Hard too because Hard repeats current step.

The problem can be partially solved by allowing Hard interval to graduate a card which Anki doesn’t. Option to have hard be a passing grade for the last, or single, (re)learning step

Done.

3 Likes

By the way, I don’t know why the previous code set such a fallback. It’s a SM-2 or v2 scheduler thing? Maybe we cannot have different intervals for hard and good in previous scheduler for new cards when the user has 0 learning step? If there isn’t any reason to keep it, I can also remove the fallback step for again.