"Error decoding response body" sync error

After adding some new cards and trying to sync, I got the following message:

A network error occurred.

Error details: error decoding response body: invalid type: floating point 14.1, expected i32 at line 1 column 2457

I get this error right after the sync interface says it has added/modified 1 card, and I get the same message every time I try to sync on this computer. I created the new cards in the 2.1.28 windows alternate version (on a 64 bit system though) when I first got the error; I then switched to the normal 2.1.28 windows version and still got the same error. I donā€™t know if this matters, but I had also done some reviewing on another device (a mac) and synced that first, so the non-functional sync would be downloading reviews in addition to uploading new cards. Iā€™ve also tried restarting my computer. Is there any additional information I should provide, or anything else I could try?

1 Like

Some of your review history is stored incorrectly. Forcing a full sync should allow you to grab your AnkiWeb collection if itā€™s the latest, and then you can use Check Database followed by an upload to resolve the issue.

3 Likes

Thank you, this worked!

1 Like

Hi, I also have a similar problem. I havenā€™t done anything new with my anki recently, just woke up one morning and had this error.

Iā€™ve tried: check database; force sync in one direction; installing the newest version of Anki; restarting my computer and anki; restore from backup.

Iā€™m still receiving the same error. Is there anything I can do?

2 Likes

Iā€™m having precisely the same issue, right down to the exact details of field, line, and column. It started within the last hour or so for me, after no changes to any cards. I think it may be something on the side of AnkiWeb given the timing for us both.

I should say, I also tried the download and check database. On Windows 10.

1 Like

Mee too. Same as ncc.

I am having the same issue as NCC and a forced sync did not fix the error.

Same here!! Hoping there is a resolution soon. Check database isnā€™t helping.

Same issue here. Exact error message.

1 Like

same error, ios

Exact same issue on PC!

just fixed itself

2 Likes

same issue on my pc today morning :frowning:

Working nowā€¦

Yep, got the exact same issue a few minutes ago, I was freaking out, but it looked like it just fixed itself!

1 Like

Sorry for the hassle, this was an issue with AnkiWeb, and it should be working again now.

6 Likes

Im getting an error that says ā€œerror details:error decoding response body:missing field ā€˜modelsā€™ at line 1 column 17ā€ I have no idea what this means and any help to fix it ASAP would be amazing! (ive attached a screenshot of the error)

Hi!

When I try to sync, I receive a pop up with the following message: Error details: āØerror decoding response body: missing field models at line 1 column 17ā©

I have tried Check Database, that did not seem to make the issue go away. Please let me know how I can fix this.

Thank you in advance!

I am getting an error when I try to sync on Mac. The problem seemed to come out of nowhere. I updated to the most recent version of Anki, from 2.1.38 to 2.1.39, without any improvement. It seems similar to others who have posted recently, but the error message is slightly different:

Error details: āØerror decoding response body: missing field models at line 1 column 17ā©

Error details: āØerror decoding response body: missing field models at line 1 column 17ā©

Iā€™ve tried force syncing download and then checking database but to no prevail. I think this problem happened after I edited a card on ankiweb.

1 Like