Error about datebase

I’ve tried to fix it thru tools>check database for several time, but it didn’t work. This is the error message i’ve got:

Error
An error occurred. Please use Tools > Check Database to see if that fixes the problem.
If problems persist, please report the problem on our support site. Please copy and paste the information below into your report.
Anki 2.1.46 (94913ec2) Python 3.8.6 Qt 5.14.2 PyQt 5.14.2
Platform: Mac 10.16
Flags: frz=True ao=False sv=2
Add-ons, last update check: 2021-08-21 11:10:27

Socket error
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “waitress/channel.py”, line 121, in handle_write
File “waitress/channel.py”, line 259, in _flush_some
File “waitress/wasyncore.py”, line 431, in send
OSError: [Errno 55] No buffer space available
Socket error
Socket error

I’m getting the same error message today.

I executed the check database option as it says to do but that failed to stop the error every time I sync the Windows version of Anki.

I tried various things like totally deleting the decks, uninstalled Anki for Windows, and from Andorid, deleted my decks from both places and from Ankiweb and then reinstalled the software.

After then reinstalling everything, importing the deck from archive, same result.

This makes me think it’s a bug in the program that basically makes using the Windows version impossible for now.

I’m going to just use Ankiweb with Android and hope they fix this.

Thank you for your sharing. About one hour ago, I had restarted my computer, the problem solved by itself. You may as well try it😂. However, I’m still worried that the error may arise again.

Restarting the Windows computer after deleting the Windows Anki app, then reinstalling the Anki app, resulted in the same issue.

By the way, before I started getting the check database, I got a message that my clocks were not the same on my devices. This is due to just arriving in a foreign country and my Windows PC was not set to auto update it’s time. I change the time and date settings to get time automatically and it is synced. Anki stopped giving errors about the time being off.

Glad to hear that yours is fixed as well. By the way, I’m so envious that you are given permission to travel abroad under the pandemic. The movement restrictions here only allow people to shop and exercise within 5km of home😭