"Check Database" error message recurs

This error message comes up on two computers (one running Win10 and the other Win11). It happens while I’m studying. If I click “Check Database” under “Tools”, I can continue for another few cards then the error message reappears. I have restarted without add-ins and downloaded the deck from AnkiWeb but the problem persists.

Error
An error occurred. Please use Tools > Check Database to see if that fixes the problem.
If problems persist, please report the problem on our support site. Please copy and paste the information below into your report.
Anki 2.1.54 (b6a7760c) Python 3.9.7 Qt 5.15.2 PyQt 5.15.5
Platform: Windows 10
Flags: frz=True ao=False sv=2
Add-ons, last update check: 2022-12-10 07:18:05

Caught exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “aqt.webview”, line 568, in handler
File “aqt.reviewer”, line 522, in _onAnswerButton
File “aqt.reviewer”, line 447, in _answerCard
File “aqt.reviewer”, line 454, in _after_answering
File “aqt.reviewer”, line 233, in nextCard
File “aqt.reviewer”, line 340, in _showQuestion
File “anki.cards”, line 129, in question
File “anki.cards”, line 145, in render_output
File “anki.template”, line 123, in from_existing_card
File “anki.cards”, line 156, in note
File “anki.collection”, line 478, in get_note
File “anki.notes”, line 49, in init
File “anki.notes”, line 55, in load
File “anki._backend.generated”, line 619, in get_note
File “anki._backend”, line 146, in _run_command
anki.errors.NotFoundError

After disabling add-ons and using check database, does the error come back if you keep add-ons disabled? It indicates your collection is missing a note, which should not happen under normal use.

Well, I fiddled around with it some more & replaced the AnkiWeb database with the database on my desktop. The error disappeared and all now seems good. Odd though. I use Anki on three devices: desktop (Win10), laptop (Win11, and AnkiDroid (Android 11). I wonder if somehow the syncing among the three devices somehow “confused” Anki. But I’ve been using all three for quite some time & this is the first time that I’ve had any problems.

It could be caused by forgetting to sync, and then making changes on one device and a deletion on another.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.