Anki Forums

Crazy Review Numbers on 2.1.47

About 5 cards from finishing my reviews, my learning number shot up to:

Nothing crashed or stopped me from finishing my reviews, but this is something I have never experienced before. The only thing else is that on my deck, from the overview page, it says 4 reviews:

but when I click into the deck, it shows 3:

I’m not sure if this part is related.

I suspect it’s related to undo or redo - the count went below zero and wrapped around. Did you use the redo action at all during the session? Or just undo? Do you remember what non-review actions if any you took prior to the undo/redo? I’m wondering how I might reproduce this.

1 Like

Thanks for getting back to me on this. I know for a fact I did not redo, but I did undo and edit a card. I can’t say this with absolute certainty, but I think it happened after I edited a card.

Thanks for elaborating, I’ll see if I can figure out how to reproduce this.

1 Like

It’s the same with me. I didn’t use redo! It counted down to 0, but I saw in the browser, that there will be more cards in learning and suddenly it changed back to 36 after this long number.

1 Like

I collected new information:

In my example there were 2 remaining cards in the learning pile from yesterday. Then it appeared a card, which I had wrong 20 min ago, but the counter didn’t change and stayed at 2. After I answered this card the counter went to 1.
To reproduce the huge number I think I was too slowly this time, because I wrote the steps here in between.

1 Like

Update: The exact same issue is also happening on AnkiMobile (iOS app). No editing, no redoing, no undoing, but just like the other 3-4 times it has happened so far, it was very close to the end of my reviews.

No editing/undoing through the entire session? If so, that is helpful to know, as it narrows down the possibilities considerably.

Yes, I never edit on AnkiMobile. It happened again on my reviews (on AnkiMobile) today. Again, no editing/undo/redo’ing and within the last 6 cards of my revieiws.

Please let me know how the latest release candidate goes - once this has been confirmed to fix the issue, an AnkiMobile update will follow: