Cloze overlapping is not working on 2.1.28

after updating to 2.1.28 , cloze overlapping is not working , when i press on “Add” this window pop up
the whole text is
Error
An error occurred. Please start Anki while holding down the shift key, which will temporarily disable the add-ons you have installed.
If the issue only occurs when add-ons are enabled, please use the Tools > Add-ons menu item to disable some add-ons and restart Anki, repeating until you discover the add-on that is causing the problem.
When you’ve discovered the add-on that is causing the problem, please report the issue on the add-on support site.
Debug info:
Anki 2.1.28 (7d8818f8) Python 3.8.1 Qt 5.15.0 PyQt 5.15.0
Platform: Linux
Flags: frz=True ao=True sv=2
Add-ons, last update check: 2020-07-23 23:01:45
Add-ons possibly involved: ⁨cloze-overlapper⁩

Caught exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “aqt/webview.py”, line 482, in handler
File “aqt/editor.py”, line 479, in
File “</usr/local/share/anki/bin/decorator.pyc:decorator-gen-72>”, line 2, in _addCards
File “anki/hooks.py”, line 638, in decorator_wrapper
File “anki/hooks.py”, line 635, in repl
File “/home/axiome/.local/share/Anki2/addons21/cloze-overlapper/editor.py”, line 301, in onAddCards
ret, total = overlapper.add()
File “/home/axiome/.local/share/Anki2/addons21/cloze-overlapper/overlapper.py”, line 117, in add
self.updateNote(fields, full, setopts, custom)
File “/home/axiome/.local/share/Anki2/addons21/cloze-overlapper/overlapper.py”, line 203, in updateNote
note.flush()
File “anki/notes.py”, line 67, in flush
AssertionError
@glutanimate

Hi Axiome,

Thanks for the detailed bug report!

I am aware of the problem and working on a hotfix, but until then my advice would be to downgrade to Anki 2.1.26 if you can. 2.1.26 currently is Anki’s stable release, and you should be able to download it by clicking on the second blue button on the download page here.

Some other add-ons (both mine and from other authors) also seem to no longer work on 2.1.28, so 2.1.26 is positioned a bit better in terms of add-on support at the moment. It usually takes a bit for all add-ons to adjust to new Anki releases, especially when they contain a lot of changes. So at least in Anki’s current development phase where many things are moving around under the hood, as an add-on user it’s best to stick to the stable releases when you can.

Important : If you do decide to switch back to 2.1.26, please make sure to downgrade your current collection first. To do so please go to the File>Switch Profile menu item, and click on “Downgrade & Quit”. If you skip this step, you may get an error message when opening your collection in an older Anki version, and you will need to return to this version, downgrade, then try again.

Sorry again about any inconvenience this might cause! The fix should be ready soon.

For what it’s worth: There also is an official support thread for the add-on here. Just thought I’d mention it for future reference as posting there will notify me directly and also make it easier for other users with the same issue to see my answers. Thanks!

3 Likes

thank you for the instructions @glutanimate , i will try to downgrade to 2.1.26 until the problem will be fixed
have a nice day

1 Like