Cloze Overlapper Addon failure

Hello,

I’m trying to add a few cards with the Cloze Overlapper in the same fashion I have many times before.
When I click add cards an error window comes up with the following debug info. What do I do?

Debug info:
Anki 2.1.44 (b2b3275f) Python 3.8.6 Qt 5.14.2 PyQt 5.14.2
Platform: Windows 10
Flags: frz=True ao=True sv=2
Add-ons, last update check: 2021-09-15 16:11:31

Caught exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “aqt\webview.py”, line 526, in handler
File “aqt\editor.py”, line 534, in
File “C:\Users\user1\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\cloze_overlapper\editor.py”, line 154, in
editor.saveNow(lambda: callback(editor, *args, **kwargs))
File “C:\Users\user1\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\cloze_overlapper\editor.py”, line 283, in onOlClozeButton
return onFieldReady()
File “C:\Users\user1\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\cloze_overlapper\editor.py”, line 270, in onFieldReady
overlapper.add()
File “C:\Users\user1\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\cloze_overlapper\overlapper.py”, line 117, in add
self.updateNote(fields, full, setopts, custom)
File “C:\Users\user1\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\addons21\cloze_overlapper\overlapper.py”, line 203, in updateNote
note.flush()
File “anki\notes.py”, line 69, in flush
AssertionError

As far as I know, the add-on was developed for Anki 2.0, then someone forked and updated it to work in version 2.1, but as newer versions of Anki were released, the add-on was not updated.

You can report the issue in the options below, but I doubt you’ll get a quick solution:

Cloze Overlapper currently doesn’t fully work on newer Anki releases, but I will be releasing an update next month that will add support for Anki 2.1.45 and up. You can read more about this and some of my other upcoming releases in this recent post of mine.

1 Like