Closet For Anki [Official support]

Yep, the domain name expired :slight_smile:
In time I’ll try to get another domain name, or make the page runnable from GitHub pages…

1 Like

Thank you for replying so quickly.

Is there any way I can go about learning how to use the addon, because the introduction video leads me to a blank page also?

Thanks for your hardwork on the add-on.

I’m currently using v2.1.49 of Anki on Mac, and when I’m reviewing the cards the occlusions I have placed can’t be seen, but they’re visible in the editing interface (i.e., cmd+O). It only appears to be a problem for my Mac, since the occlusions work while reviewing on my iPad.

Once again, thanks so much for your work!

Without at least a way to look at a notetype, there’s no way I could help you

Good afternoon. I’m trying to have a template with the closet add-on that allows me to have the following:

• :white_check_mark: Image occlusion.

• :man_shrugging: Possibility of clicking the occlusion that I want in order to show it, and be able to click again on it to cover it again (Important).

• :man_shrugging: Having all this using the recth functionallity (Important).

• :man_shrugging: Possibility of clicking in the right corner in order to unveil the occlusions I’m being asked for one by one and clicking the top of the flashcard to uncover all the occlusions and cover them again when clicking the second time. (Less important, I want this to be more practical only)

• :man_shrugging: Possibility of let a slight mark or highlight in the place where the occlusion was doing its covering function (Less important, I want this to visualize faster where the answers are).

I’ve searched a lot, but I’m not capable of reaching this with my zero programming knowledge. That is why I would like to ask for help, especially from @hengiesel and @kleinerpirat , in order to achieve this. If anyone else knows how to get something like that working, I would aprreciate a lot its help too.

Thanks in advance.

Hello Henrik Giesel,
Thank you for your effect on anki addon. I think Closet for anki could help me but I a bit confuse how it work, and the video in youtube is not able to play, could you send different link for video instruction?

(post deleted by author)

Hello, I just downloaded Anki version 2.1.54 (b6a7760c)⁩, Python 3.9.7 Qt 6.3.1 PyQt 6.3.1 on MacOS 12.5.1

When I go to copy and paste a code for the add-on, this error message pops up:

One or more errors occurred:

1771074083: Please check your internet connection. HTTPSConnectionPool(host=‘ankiweb’, port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /shared/download/1771074083?v=2.1&p=54 (Caused by SSLError(SSLCertVerificationError(1, ‘[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate (_ssl.c:1129)’)))

Thank you for your help!

Try restarting Anki.

Hello, I’ve been using closet for a while long time now, but I wonder, how do I register recipes which receive blockValues after closet has rendered its contents? I’m not really sure how to ask this question, but I’ve noticed that when I use elements that I’ve created, it usually renders with its blockValues being its source text, but I have also noticed that the clozes have rendered normally within it. It’s this inconsistent behavior that’s really what I’m confused about. Any help?

Hello hengiesel,

Apologies, please see attached screenshots. The issue I have encountered is that I was able to add and see the occlusions in the “Add” and “Edit” interface. However, when I am reviewing the cards, the occlusions I have added are not visible, without me clicking on the occlusion or the “Reveal Next” button. Please let me know if you need more info, thanks very much for your help and contributions.

Sam

Hey! Since ever I downloaded the add-on, I cannot add a new card.
I’m on Windows, and my anki version is 2.1.52

Here’s what it looks like when I add a new card- none of the fields appear:

I tried restarting Anki multiple times but with no hope. Disabling the add-on fixes the issue.
What do I do?

1 Like

Hi @hengiesel & @kleinerpirat,

First I have to extend my gratitude for your wonderful dedication to the community. The Closet engine is fantastic and has helped me very much in medical school.

Is there a way to hint the IO? For example, if cloze was c1::answer::hint is there a way to do this on the rect0 IO?

Thank you again!

Thanks for the great work! On upgrade, I encountered an error when attempting to add a card. Anki dump:

Debug info:
Anki 2.1.54 (b6a7760c) Python 3.9.7 Qt 5.15.2 PyQt 5.15.5
Platform: Windows 10
Flags: frz=True ao=True sv=2
Add-ons, last update check: 2022-11-04 16:44:11

Caught exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “aqt.webview”, line 568, in handler
File “aqt.editor”, line 561, in
File “aqt.addcards”, line 259, in _add_current_note
File “aqt.addcards”, line 294, in _note_can_be_added
File “aqt.hooks_gen”, line 172, in call
File “D:<snip>\272311064\src\addcards.py”, line 18, in check_if_occlusion_editor_open
if addcards.editor.occlusion_editor_active
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘editor’

And again thanks!

2 Likes

Hello @hengiesel. Are you aware that the introduction video and the website are both down?

1 Like

hi, today the closet image occlusion reveal one by one suddenly don’t work,
i tried it work before.

today this didn’t happen:

1. You will see the ‘cmds0’ field and ‘cmds1’ field auto populate. At that point you are good to add the card.

let’s see thanks

btw, the demo and the closet-r cards made before today still work, i can see thost numbers in cmds0 etc, today it just didn’t add to cmds0.

latest update: it worked now. those cmds0 added back.

i really duno why. thanks

ps: win10, 64bit, anki 2.1.54, portable version

2 Likes

hi, error almost always occur when i wanna add a new note.

Debug info:
Anki 2.1.54 (b6a7760c) Python 3.9.7 Qt 6.3.1 PyQt 6.3.1
Platform: Windows 10
Flags: frz=True ao=True sv=2
Add-ons, last update check: 2022-12-29 00:48:10

Caught exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “aqt.webview”, line 568, in handler
File “aqt.editor”, line 561, in
File “aqt.addcards”, line 259, in _add_current_note
File “aqt.addcards”, line 294, in _note_can_be_added
File “aqt.hooks_gen”, line 172, in call
File “C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\0-i\a-i\golf\grn-progs-trustable\a-i\alfa\anki\0-cur\ankidata\addons21\272311064\src\addcards.py”, line 18, in check_if_occlusion_editor_open
if addcards.editor.occlusion_editor_active
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘editor’

same here.

the error occured but seems still use-able.

i need that image reveal one by one function.

i am going to tolerate that.

I am having the same issue as well. I submitted a ticket on Github a while ago, but I haven’t found a solution yet. Has there been any updates?