Clicking Unbury Causes Database Error on Mac

Stacktrace below, copy-pasted from the error prompt Anki gave me. As suggested, I tried Tools > Check Database, but it did not fix the problem.

Error
An error occurred. Please use Tools > Check Database to see if that fixes the problem.
If problems persist, please report the problem on our support site. Please copy and paste the information below into your report.
Anki 2.1.35 (84dcaa86) Python 3.8.0 Qt 5.14.2 PyQt 5.14.2
Platform: Mac 10.16
Flags: frz=True ao=False sv=2
Add-ons, last update check: 2021-06-03 08:11:35

Caught exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “aqt/webview.py”, line 37, in cmd
File “aqt/webview.py”, line 123, in _onCmd
File “aqt/webview.py”, line 547, in _onBridgeCmd
File “aqt/overview.py”, line 90, in _linkHandler
File “aqt/overview.py”, line 148, in onUnbury
TypeError: unburyCardsForDeck() got an unexpected keyword argument ‘type’

Possibly not a satisfiable solution, but a reboot of Anki did make the error dialog go away and I am able to unbury decks again now.

If the problem happens again, please follow the steps on When problems occur - Frequently Asked Questions

1 Like

Thanks dae. More than happy to restart stuff, update Anki etc. Just doesn’t necessarily solve the possible issue in the code though? The stack trace suggests there’s an API mismatch in how unburyCardsForDeck is called (i.e. I’m guessing that onUnbury is trying to call unburyCardsForDeck() with the keyword argument ‘type’–which doesn’t, or no longer, exists).

Anyway, happy for the issue to be closed. Sorry for the noise.

I suspect the issue has long since been fixed. If you can reproduce it in the latest version, please let me know.