Can't download onedrive Anki files on new computer

My laptop has broken and unfortunately, I had all of my anki cards on it. I had opted to save all my cards to one drive. On one drive when I open the anki folder I have many different files and I don’t know which file contains my cards. I have tried downloading the files named ‘anki.exe’ ‘anki.install-manifest’ ‘anki-console.bat’ and importing the file on my new computer but I get the error message ‘Import failed.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\cygwin\home\dae\win\build\pyi.win32\anki\outPYZ1.pyz/aqt.importing”, line 327, in importFile
File “C:\cygwin\home\dae\win\build\pyi.win32\anki\outPYZ1.pyz/anki.importing.mnemo”, line 20, in run
File “C:\cygwin\home\dae\win\build\pyi.win32\anki\outPYZ1.pyz/anki.db”, line 76, in scalar
File “C:\cygwin\home\dae\win\build\pyi.win32\anki\outPYZ1.pyz/anki.db”, line 43, in execute
OperationalError: no such table: global_variables’

Those files are from Anki’s program files folder. Your cards are stored in a different folder. I’m afraid if you did not back up that folder, it will not be possible to recover your cards: Managing Files - Anki Manual

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. What is the name of the folder which should contain my cards?

https://docs.ankiweb.net/files.html#file-locations

1 Like