Blockers for AnkiDroid 2.19 release?

I think that the betas of AnkiDroid 2.19 are very stable. So, I am wondering what is preventing the team from releasing a stable version.

Are there any significant regressions from 2.18.4?

Or is the team waiting for some older bugs to be fixed or some new features to be added?

Or does the team just want a longer testing period to ensure that all bugs/regressions are caught?

Maybe they are waiting for the full release of Ankis next major update :question: Which leaves me wondering, when is the next beta release of the desktop version going to be released :question:

A few issues that must be dealt with, and some testing

2 Likes

They’ll be doing 24.10 in 2.20 version for some reason. At least that’s the current plan.

when is the next beta release of the desktop version going to be released

That’s asking when will dae feel like releasing a new build is justified. I don’t think we’ve had that much progress on code side recently so might take some time.

2 Likes

Yeah, I saw that.

But, many of these issues are present in 2.18.4 too and I think that such issues shouldn’t block the release of the next version. In my opinion, releasing 2.19 now would allow users to get the benefit of several improvements that have been made since 2.18.4 without introducing any (major) new issues and that would be a good thing. The remaining issues can always be dealt with in a future release.

If they want a longer testing period, that’s a different thing altogether.

Since my last comment, many of the issues have been moved from 2.19 milestone to 2.20 milestone. So, it seems that the AnkiDroid devs also think in the same way as I do.

Also, because the milestones page is the best way to know about the current status, I am marking that as the solution.

4 Likes

Hi,

I’ve been low on time recently, I’m trying to carve out a bit more to get the release ship-shape

We’re still in the process of refining the milestone to represent the remaining tasks:

We also need to perform a final run through our crash reporting to ensure that no regressions slip through the cracks. Expect to see a couple more issues added over the next few days

I’m expecting beta6 will be the final beta, with a public release after this

2 Likes