Any progress on a paid tier for AnkiWeb storage?

Hi all,

I was just curious if there’s been any progress on the development of a paid tier for to access more AnkiWeb storage. In the AnkiWeb manual it states “at some point a pricing system may be introduced where basic, low-capacity accounts are free and heavier users can pay more for more space.”

So, I was just wondering if there are any updates on this front. I know I would be a very willing customer for more storage space.

Thanks!

I’m afraid it’s unlikely to happen in the near future, as I don’t have the free time to get it all set up, and collections over 250MB are quite resource-intensive to handle at the moment. If you’re worried about approaching the limit, some alternatives would be to remove some of your older review history (
How do I check my deck file size?), or use your own sync server (Syncing with AnkiWeb - Anki Manual)

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response!

Bummer the option won’t be available any time soon, but I appreciate the advice about approaching the file size limit! It’s good to know there are options for if/when I get to that point.

Thanks again! And I appreciate all your hard work on maintaining such a fantastic app.

The video tutorials in the linked thread no longer open. Is there any written guide on how to approach this? I’m not sure about what size my deck is approaching, but I would like to reduce the file size by removing all history of suspended cards and also reviews older than 3 years. I currently subscribe to an AnkiHub deck, so I can’t go ahead and just delete the suspended cards because it causes sync issues, but a better option for me would be just to be able to remove their history from the collection size if possible.

You can check your collection size by looking at the data folder: Managing Files - Anki Manual - it may not be something you need to worry about at the moment.

In case you’re unaware, the limit is on database size, not media. A 250mb collection would be insanely huge.

1 Like