[AnkiMobile | Feature request] add a note type via callback

First of all, thank you for all the great work you have done over the years with Anki, it is one of the best apps ever made. And Therefore I want to integrate it in my own app.

I am developing a cross-platform (iOS, android, desktop) dictionary app and I developed a feature that lets users add a dictionary entry to Anki. This is done using my custom note format (as there are many details to add from the dictionary).
On Android and desktop, this works great, I first add the note type and then send the actual data. However, the callback functions on Ankimobile do not allow the same functionality (If I did not miss anything). When I try sending a note, it does not work until I manually add the note type first.
Therefore, I would like to ask if there are any plans to add a callback to add note types?

On a side note, I saw a topic that asked for adding multiple notes, I would also appreciate that feature greatly. Maybe this could also be done using the clipboard?
An app adds many addNote URLs to the clipboard and Ankimobile adds all of them, or similar.

1 Like

I’m afraid AnkiMobile doesn’t currently have this feature, but you can query the available notetypes and present a message to the user if the expected notetype is missing: URL Schemes - AnkiMobile Manual

I’ve seen some demand for an import-csv-via-clipboard feature, and that will probably come at some point in the future.

Thank you for your quick answer!

I’m afraid AnkiMobile doesn’t currently have this feature, but you can query the available note types and present a message to the user if the expected note type is missing: [URL Schemes - AnkiMobile Manual]

Ah, that is a bummer, there is also no way to propose this feature on something like GitHub, right?
I am also correct that AnkiMobile also does not allow adding new note types? This has to be done on desktop/android?

I’ve seen some demand for an import-csv-via-clipboard feature, and that will probably come at some point in the future.

That sounds really promising, thank you so much for your hard work! Is there a way to track the progress / get notified when it is available?

This forum is the correct place for suggestions. AnkiMobile doesn’t have an API for adding notetypes, but you can have the user import a 1-card deck that will also pull in the notetype of the note.

AnkiMobile’s app store page lists notable changes each time a release is made.

Thank you a lot for the suggestion about importing a deck, I will use this!
Hope to see the add notes feature soon.

Thank you again for your swift help!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.