Anki TXT import with Notetype getting ignored?

I am trying to import a TXT file into Anki with a predefined notetype. I have two text files that correspond to 2 Anki decks, their headers look like this:

TXT File #1:

#separator:tab			
#html:false			
#guid column:1			
#tags column:4			
#deck:(KR) eohwi			
#notetype:Basic

TXT File #2:

#separator:tab			
#html:false			
#guid column:1			
#tags column:4			
#deck:(FI) Sanasto
#notetype:Basic (type in the answer)	

When I import the TXT files in Anki, Anki seems to ignore the #notetype header, however, the rest are actually taken into consideration. The manual does not feature any examples on how the syntax for #notetype should look like. Could someone help me specify this?

There is no such header. There is only ‘notetype column’, which identifies which column contains the notetype name for each row.

Edit: sorry, that’s wrong - I was looking in the wrong place. The notetype header should adjust the default selection in the importing screen. Does it not for you?

@dae: The notetype header should adjust the default selection in the importing screen. Does it not for you?

It actually does not, however, I am not sure whether my syntax is correct? The manual does not feature any examples on how the syntax for #notetype should look like.

In any case, when importing TXT File #1, I still get as a n Import option “Basic (type in the answer)”, even though “Basic” was chosen in the TXT file.

Does changing ‘when adding, default to current deck’ in the preferences screen make a difference?

I couldn’t make it work, so I gave up on it, and instead, started working with the notetype column, which does indeed work.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.