Anki mobile ios turkey price is so unaffordable

Turkish lira is losing its value agains united states dollar and anki is 220 TRY on appstore. It’s unaffordable for most of turkish users. A price like 50 TRY would be even expensive but more affordable. Please consider us turkish users. Thanks for attention.

2 Likes

Unlike some platforms such as Steam, Apple doesn’t allow developers to set different prices for different regions (aka regional pricing).

2 Likes

Oh i didn’t know that. Thank you so much.

Hello there! I live in Turkey. I use anki to learn English and it is a very useful program. but the iOS app is too expensive for me. There is an economic problem in our country. Many citizens even find it difficult to buy food. I also sent an e-mail but couldn’t find a reply. Is there a way to buy the iOS app at a discount?

I buy discounted (up to 30% in the past, now mostly up to 20%) iTunes gift cards to charge my account. They are sometimes available in e.g. supermarkets in my country.

1 Like

I could be wrong about this, but I’m fairly certain that App Store prices cannot be adjusted independently only in certain regions (e.g. offer a discount only in the Turkish App Store while maintaining the original price everywhere else).

You’re correct - it’s also mentioned in the FAQ: Why does AnkiMobile cost more than a typical mobile app? - Frequently Asked Questions

1 Like