You can hope someone shows up.

For those interested, this was the msg

Add-on Page
Source Code

Shige, reminder to edit your add-on to mention Leaderboard shutdown
https://ankiweb.net/shared/info/1464611181

2 Likes

:smiling_face_with_tear: What a loss.

@Shigeyuki You have a lot of gamification addons. Do you have plans for this?

2 Likes

Hmmm, I am looking into it, but developing a server is a bit difficult.

4 Likes

Whatever it is. I believe in you. :star_struck:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

1 Like

I have tried to contact the author but so far there seems to be no reply. Perhaps the database contains all the user names and passwords, so it may be difficult to take over due to security issues.

1 Like

I was able to contact the author, unfortunately, it seems that data cannot be taken over because it would violate the policy, so resets of user data will be inevitable.

The good news is that I found out the Leaderboard server does not require money to maintain, this has made my development much less difficult.
For now there are 4 broken add-ons using the server, I think all of these can be repaired in the future.

3 Likes

Bummer. Well, at least there is still a way :sweat_smile:

Addon goes offline on 14.06 so maybe you could then take over smoothly from there.

1 Like

RIP LEADERBOARD ADDON :smiling_face_with_tear: :pray:

2 Likes

The original Leaderboard page on AnkiWeb seems to have been removed, so I have created a Placeholder.
It is not yet available, but if you download the Placeholder you will be notified when my development is complete.

4 Likes

I complete the development and uploaded it to AnkiWeb.
It is working fine on my device, but I have not yet tested all the features, so If you have any problems please feel free to contact me.

2 Likes

That sounds like an interesting mechanism.

1 Like