Anki IPad App Not Downloading on my IPhone. Please help

Good day,

I recently bought Anki through my IPad not too long ago and want to download the app on my IPhone but it is asking for another payment. What can I do to download it on my IPhone as well? I tried everything and nothing is working.

I’m not sure what else I can do to get the app on my phone. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time!

You will need to re-download the AnkiMobile app from the list of previously-purchased apps, rather than from the normal App store listing.

The place to look for your previously-purchased apps will depend on what version of iOS you are using. Some examples:

  • iOS 27: App Store app > account photo/initials in top right > Apps & Purchase History > Your Apps > Not on this IPhone
  • iOS 26: App Store app > account photo/initials in top right > Apps > My Apps > Not on this iPhone
  • some older iOS versions: App Store app > account photo/initials in top right > Purchased

When you’ve located the previously-purchased AnkiMobile app, tap on the cloud icon to re-download it.

For more information: