Anki info distorted in AIs

today i chat /w one of the AI and it told me ankiweb is free for low usage, but charge for high usage.
OK.

then i further check…

AI show some usage but really I dont want to drive on a driver-less car, yet.

chatgpt:
AnkiWeb is a free online platform that allows users to sync their Anki flashcard decks across devices and access them from anywhere with an internet connection. However, the Anki app itself is not free and requires a one-time purchase.

As of my knowledge cutoff in September 2021, the Anki app pricing was as follows:

- Anki for desktop (Windows, Mac, and Linux): $25

• AnkiMobile for iOS (iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch): $24.99
  • AnkiDroid for Android: free on the Google Play Store, but users can opt to donate to support ongoing development.

It’s important to note that these prices may be subject to change, and it’s always best to check with the Anki website or app store for the most up-to-date pricing information.

These tools currently produce wrong statements en masse, so what is the point?

Maybe I’m a bit old-fashioned, but I don’t understand why obtaining trivial information has to be done via a chat bot when the same information can be obtained with context, less input and a higher probability of correctness via conventional, often faster and less energy-intensive means.

2 Likes

i thought you wrote it so i use it,
chatgpt told me:
AnkiConnect is an unofficial third-party extension for Anki that was developed by a group of contributors on GitHub, rather than a single author. The AnkiConnect project was started by Damien Elmes, the creator of Anki, but the current version of AnkiConnect is maintained by a group of developers who have contributed to the project over time.

The AnkiConnect GitHub repository lists several contributors who have made significant contributions to the project, including Sridhar Ratnakumar, Y. T. Chung, and Glutanimate. The development of AnkiConnect is an ongoing community effort, with new contributions and updates being made regularly by members of the Anki community.

You should not blindly trust what ChatGPT tells you, as it often gets things wrong.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.