Anki changes card type ba itself?

Hello, I am runnig into confusion and did not know how to find out.
Okay, here is what I did and a brief description of my problem:

1. I use Debian linux and installed the latest version of Anki (Version ⁨2.1.54 (b6a7760c)⁩)
  2. I created a collection of cards by using a slightly extended version of the simple format (both directions). As the extensions I added two additionally fields for Examples because (Learning Italian).
  3. On the first training round everything looks perfect and as expected, but on second round some cards (only some card!) do not show the added examples field and fall back to the simple format without examples. The respective entries do not contain any special charakters and are plain ascii. I checked this by using the integrated html-editor.
  4. In the editor for these cards I can see all my entries and I can edit/correct them. But on the card itself these entries are not shown because anki uses the very simply format without my two extensions.

My style seems to be quite easy and simple:

.card {
font-family: arial;
font-size: 26px;
text-align: center;
color: black;
background-color: #FFFFCC;
}

.mystyle1 {
font-style: italic;
font-size: 18px;
color: #B43105;
}

.mystyle2 {
font-size: 18px;
color: #0100FE;
}

.mystyle3 {
font-size: 16px;
color: #04B505;
}

{{Vorderseite}}

{{Erl-Ita}}
{{Syn-Ita}}
{{Bsp-Ita}}
--------------- {{FrontSide}}

{{Rückseite}}

{{Erl-Deu}}
{{Syn-Deu}}
{{Bsp-Deu}}

Any help or ideas on how to fix this annoying behaviour is very much appreciated.

Thank you very much

Maybe instead of changing the default card type you added a new one? Then you’d just need to delete the former.

Some more info: Extra copies of a card are coming up - Frequently Asked Questions

1 Like

Hi,
thanks for your efforts.
I tried to solve the problem by creating totally new card sets with uniqe identifiers for every card. Now everything seem to be fine.
Best regards