Anki application on apple watch

Hello, I’m an active user of Anki, and I highly appreciate the developers’ efforts and ingenuity to come up with this brilliant vocab application. One day, a great idea came across my mind. As an apple user, I was thinking if I could use Anki on my apple watch, it would be wonderful. Even when my phone isn’t around, I could constantly learn and massage my brain throughout the day. Is expanding its compatibility to apple watch difficult?

2 Likes

I’ve honestly been wishing for the same thing. Since the SE came out I think it opened up the watch for a lot of people! I personally read from the watch (regardless of what people say) and find it much less distracting and straining than my phone. I use wReader and just have my wrist detection turned off so it doesn’t lock! I dream of a day where I don’t have to convert every single one of my cloze cards to basic just to import them into another (albeit less powerful algorithmically) flashcard app so I can practice them on the watch. WatchOS has gotten so many new users in the past few months!!

Apple Watch is no longer for just quick interactions. It’s converging more and more with the iPhone. Battery life is now outstanding on all models (and +36 on the Ultra), supporting streaming, messaging, and calls. I cannot think of a better device to review Anki cards on the go (but better constructed on a larger screen). Quick google search result shows at least 4 other apps responding to a market for this.

+1 for a simplified version to review cards only.