Anki 2.1.64 Release Candidate

What was displayed when you tried? Perhaps you’re using a shortcut that points in the old or new location, when you installed the other one.

2.1.64 has now been released as stable, with no changes since rc2. If you encounter any further problems, please post them in a new thread.

Perhaps you’re using a shortcut that points in the old or new location, when you installed the other one.

First, I tried to run it via the shortcut in Start Menu\Programs. Then, I told my PC to execute C:\Program Files\Anki\anki.exe directly.

What was displayed when you tried?

Nothing was displayed; I didn’t notice any reaction on the screen. I didn’t check task manager, though.

I suppose if it starts up for every one else, it was probably a peculiarity on my end :thinking:.

The other issue was that window sizes and browser columns were apparently reset by update. This one I expect is more likely to occur to other people, too.

I’ve tried to reproduce both issues (on the same system), but without success.

edit: I’ve found out the reason. There was a folder called PyQt6 in C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Programs\Anki\lib\, which needed to be deleted. I use the Qt5 version.

The window position reset is expected on upgrade, as it is trying to fix crashes that some users are experiencing.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.