Anki 2.1.55 Beta 3+

Yes, idk if it is only for Mac users, but the white text in the light gray makes it hard to read especially when scrolling, idk how can describe it, just don’t feel like a dark mode at all and scrolling is a headache

This is of course unintentional and only occurs on Mac. I didn’t know about it as I don’t have a macOS test rig. Thanks guys for the feedback!

2 Likes

Another strange bug - in the editor, you can use ctrl+arrow to jump a word forward/backward. If it is set to RTL language the right arrow jumps a word forward and the left arrow jumps back. Reverse the direction it should be.

I fixed this two years ago but it was reintroduced sometime when the editor was refactored. Will resend the fix.

2 Likes

Bug:
STEPS

1. review cards
  2. open browser
  3. select any card
  4. double left click on any picture
  5. anki freeze
  • Deck used = Anking
  • Anki version = 2.1.55 Beta3 QT5

We’re aware of the image resize hang, and it will hopefully be fixed in the next beta.

2 Likes

Another issue I’ve encountered: I use CSS to resize images on hover. In the latest beta, this results in weird glitches when going back to the smaller width:

Sometimes this effect isn’t very noticeable, sometimes the picture is almost invisible. Overall, not a terrible problem, but I thought I’d mention it, since it worked previously.

In the Reviewer’s bottom bar, the More button is the only one that does not have a title that informs about its keyboard shortcut (M) on mouseover.

1 Like

To continue the discussion about collapsible fields:

I appreciate the feature a lot. I have some fields that I use only rarely (in particular eight additional cloze fields).

I also think it would be better if the editor remembered the collapse-state of a field on a note-per-note basis. It would be very easy and intuitive to use. The checkbox in the fields window is too hidden and inconspicuous IMO.

In addition to that, I’d like to suggest a mechanism that checks if a field is empty on the displayed note and automatically collapses it.

Maybe it could be reasonable to make the Options button a bit more conspicuous? Since it serves a quite different and arguably more important function than most other buttons in that row.

E.g. something like

or

3 Likes

maybe you should post this suggestion in the beta 3 subreddit so that more people see it and hopefully approve it. I think moving the button and making it slightly bigger is much better since it makes it clear that it’s more like the settings related “fields” and “cards” button than about inserting strings or applying styling to text.

1 Like

Problem persists. It only appears when I select to not see the scheduler interval

1 Like

Not sure if this has been reported, but just noticed this using beta 4

When adding a note and changing note type, descriptions are shown for the original note type.

1. Set up at least one note type with field descriptions.
  2. Go to Add from the main screen and observe the field descriptions for the note type that comes up.
  3. Click the note type to change it and choose another note type.
  4. Notice the fields show the descriptions for the first type.

If you add the note, the next note will display descriptions correctly.

Version ⁨2.1.55 (e3c3405f)⁩
Python 3.9.7 Qt 5.15.2 PyQt 5.15.5
Windows 11

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.