All text aligned to center, how to change it back to left aligned

I don’t recall how I changed text align to center, then after that all my text are always showing center-aligned. No matter how I used edit function to set new alignment, it would not work. Please kindly help to solve this issue, thanks!

It is usually centred, I think. You can check the manual.

If you wish your text (Front and Back) left-aligned, then you will have to change the HTML used to display the card. It is not difficult, if you have never done this before, but do make a back-up first.

1. Select the deck in Anki on your computer.
  2. Select one of the cards in the displayed list. Usually the first is automatically selected.
  3. Click the button Cards… .
  4. You will see a field, most likely {{Front}} in the large text box (panel) on the left. Insert a line before it with the following HTML.
    <div style="text-align:left">
  5. Then on the line below {{Front}} , put the following HTML.
    </div>

That wraps your Front field in HTML that tells the display engine to align (i.e. justify) the text to the left.

3 Likes

Thank you soooo much!!!

After click “Cards…”, I click “Styling” and changed “text-align: center;” to “text-align: left;”. Now I got my cards align texts to left.
Without your suggestion, I wouldn’t find out the “Styling” function. Truely appreciate your suggestion!

2 Likes

Another way is to use the align button. Set it so center and then back to left. This fixes the bug.

CenterAnkiText